You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: Recording to Cubase 5 and Adobe Audition via Xuf usb soundcard

Recording to Cubase 5 and Adobe Audition via Xuf usb soundcard

Good Day everyone

Hope someone can help me. We are trying to record via the Xuf usb soundcard into Cubase and Audition. All the routing and settings are done and we are getting signal. Problem is in both programs it only records the left hand channel. I hve checked all the balance and pan settings on the mixer and on the pc. For instance we have a condenser Mic on channel1. 48phantom on and low cut on with a little bit of gate and comp. It only records on the left hand side channel. Any suggestions or advise? this is the second x32 we have doing this the first one was send back for the same reason. We tried it on a different pc with the same results. Please help it's driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance

Are your tracks in Cubase mono or stereo?
    You have to add mono tracks because if it are stereo tracks Cubase will send channel one to left en channel two to right.
    Try it with the same microphone on the second channel and you will see it coming in to the right channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Derick Deruyck View Post
    Are your tracks in Cubase mono or stereo?
    You have to add mono tracks because if it are stereo tracks Cubase will send channel one to left en channel two to right.
    Try it with the same microphone on the second channel and you will see it coming in to the right channel.
    Hi Derick
    Thanks for the reply. Problem is the Mic is a mono mic. Channels in Cubase are stereo. I tried the suggestion but Cubase assigns the channels as channel1/2 channel3/4 etc. I can not get the channels seperate eg channel 1 channel 2. If I add the channel as a mono bus in Cubase it still brings it in as channel 1/2. I also add tracks sometimes which needs to be in stereo and If you set cubase to a mono track it brings the trackin as mono as well...

Fiona Hammond
    Hi Hans,

I think Derick is right, that the issue is due to configuration settings in your DAW, and that you should add two mono tracks instead of one stereo.

PROJECT>ADD TRACK> configuration= mono, count=2

Kind Regards,
    Fiona Hammond
    CARE EMEA
    MUSIC Group
    BEHRINGER

You first have to configure the in and out in cubase
    When you first made a setup in cubase it automatically assign a stereo bus as input, you have to remove that input and assign 32 mono inputs (the ones coming from the x32)
    I suggest you take the time to read the manual from cubase ( i know, its huge, but it is all in there)

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheepers View Post
    Hi Derick
    Thanks for the reply. Problem is the Mic is a mono mic. Channels in Cubase are stereo. I tried the suggestion but Cubase assigns the channels as channel1/2 channel3/4 etc. I can not get the channels seperate eg channel 1 channel 2. If I add the channel as a mono bus in Cubase it still brings it in as channel 1/2. I also add tracks sometimes which needs to be in stereo and If you set cubase to a mono track it brings the trackin as mono as well...