You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: Bass V-AMP PRO just died?

Bass V-AMP PRO just died?

After a long hiatus of several years in the closet, I finally pulled out my Behringer Bass V-Amp Pro for use on a project I'm currently working on. Mounted it in my effects rack, plugged everything in, and worked GREAT...FOR LESS THAN 24 HOURS!

NOW, when the unit is turned on, the display reads "E2", and the "edit" light is red. Nothing responds (e.g. turning dials, pressing other buttons, etc.).

I have done a RESET on this unit at least a dozen times, but will not take care of the problem. On a few occasions, it would start to act like it was going to work, but as soon as I turned any of the knobs, or pressed a button, the unit would go back into "FREEZE" mode.

I'm not kidding when I say that I've probably played through this thing less than 4 hours total since I purchased it. Everything else in rack is working great, but this thing is dead.

What to do? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Dear Sean,

There are a few problems that could have surfaced over the course of storing. One is that the power supply might have gone bad/defective/died. Another is that internally, the V-AMP PRO might need to be serviced through and authorized service center. Below is a link which provides a complete list of authorized service centers near you:

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Support/...formation.aspx

You may also contact our care facility to speaker with our parts department or technical support team. You can contact us by phone at (1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact our CARE department via email at care@music-group.com. We try to respond to every email within 24-48 hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails we receive.

I apologize for any inconvenience that might have been caused. Let us know if you have any further questions and I hope this information is of help!

Kind Regards,

Okay,

Looks like I will have to RMA this unit. Thanks for the contact info -- saved me a lot of searching.

Thanks.