You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: PM 16 reset to factory setting possible?

PM 16 reset to factory setting possible?

Hi,

We have been using and loving our PM 16's since last August.

Last week we had one of our units that the drummer said he couldn't hear one particular channel very well. We swapped it out with a spare and all was well. I am wondering if there is a way to do a factory reset on it to eliminate human error. (I did say it was the drummer didn't I).

Thanks,
    Pete

Hi Pete,

Are you referring to the P16-M personal mixer? If so, there is nothing in the manual about a factory reset. But I vaguely remember something about that mentioned in one of the video or webinars. I'll look through them and see if I can find that. But eliminating drummer error - only a miracle could do that

Paul

yeah, PM-16 P16M etc, the Behringer 16 channel personal monitor mixer thingy. I've looked at so many that I can't remember numbers straight. I looked at the manual before I asked but didn't think of the webinars.

(edit) I was unable to find any reference to a factory reset in the x32/P16 webinar.
    Thanks
    Pete
    Last edited by Pete Hanratty; 03-23-2013 at 04:04 PM.

Hey Pete, I haven't forgotten you. But I'm still looking for that factory reset. Hopefully someone from Behringer will reply with the answer. One thing I did think of, for that one channel the drummer could not hear, could it be that he muted it (select the channel, press down on the volume button)?

Paul

Paul,

Thanks, I won't be able to get to the system until Thursday evening, I'll check then.

Pete

Dear All,

You may reset individual presets only. First, select which preset you would like to restore to factory settings. To do this press and hold the RECALL button followed by pressing the CHANNEL SELECT button containing the desired preset. Now, simultaneously press and hold the RECALL and STORE push buttons. The MUTE button will now flash. Press and hold the MUTE button to confirm. All of the settings for that individual preset are now erased.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Thanks for the response. I will assume this is undocumented, but I think it should be.

Pete

Thanks Zac, I'll add that tip to our X32/S16/P16 manual binder for future reference.

Paul