You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB

Thread: iX16 inquiry

Question iX16 inquiry

Hi,

Not sure what forum to post this to so have chosen this one.

Like many of my friends and assocs , we would like to try and get a better idea as to when the iX16 will be available. I understand that it takes time and we won't know until they are ready however a ballpark time would be some help.

I and another were going for the Mackie 1608 until we heard about this one and have looked at the iPad app which seems to offer more than the Mackie does.

I do have a couple of questions though which maybe someone can help..

Is there a manual available for the iX16 ipad/iphone app for non techies like me.

If it can record 16 tracks say to a PC with Cubase on it, can one replay 16 tracks back through it for mixing etc?

Does it require a modem for WiFi or is it built in?

Thanks and we can't wait for it to be available.

David

Quote Originally Posted by David Rix View Post
    Hi,

Not sure what forum to post this to so have chosen this one.

Like many of my friends and assocs , we would like to try and get a better idea as to when the iX16 will be available. I understand that it takes time and we won't know until they are ready however a ballpark time would be some help.

I and another were going for the Mackie 1608 until we heard about this one and have looked at the iPad app which seems to offer more than the Mackie does.

I do have a couple of questions though which maybe someone can help..

Is there a manual available for the iX16 ipad/iphone app for non techies like me.

If it can record 16 tracks say to a PC with Cubase on it, can one replay 16 tracks back through it for mixing etc?

Does it require a modem for WiFi or is it built in?

Thanks and we can't wait for it to be available.

David
    Hi David,

I am following this product also and trying to decide if I get the iX16 or the X32 Rack.

Here is what I know (which may or may not be accurate):

I can find no manual for the iX16 anywhere on the web. Furthermore, the apps that are listed on the Behringer web page are the exact apps that are used with the X32 series. What I believe this means is that the apps that work with the X32 will eventually support the iX16 as well. I suspect that there will be modifications to these programs before the iX16 release since currently all programs show 8 efx engines vs 4 that is listed for the iX16 (along with other discrepancies). While all the X32 products are from the exact same mold, I have a feeling that the iX16 is something a little different and will require some changes in software to reflect these differences.

I believe that the iX16 will be able to record 16 tracks to Cubase (or any other DAW) as well as playback the 16 tracks into the mixer as a source as if the instruments were actually attached to the channels (only it will be a recording). This will allow you to mix your songs after you have played them. In theory, if you then play the song live with these new settings, it will sound the same (plus the stage noise).

I believe it does require a router (not modem as you stated) in order to connect to an outside mixer wirelessly. I think you should be able to connect a PC to it through a cross-over ethernet cable (without a switch/router).

Early posts around the web had speculation from Behringer reps that the iX16 would be released around April/May time frame. The more recent quotes are "Q2/Q3". I am guessing that it will not be out before the end of April at best, July/August at worst.

Summer NAMM is in the 2nd week in July. If I were working at Behringer, I might wait for such an event to announce the product for "immediate availability". That way you get a TON of free advertising.

I also know that they have stated that they plan on releasing the new members of the X32 family around Q3. My guess is that they will want to release the iX16 first. This product is priced at a position to sell tons more than the remaining X32 family members combined..... at least that is how I would do it should I be working at Behringer