You are here: Home » Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X32 / S16 Routing

thought I had this figured out guys but just trying it now. Should be easy but not working. Have channels 1-8 set to input from S16 however channel 4 needs to be a local input back at the board. I go to the channel 4 strip, select it and go to config page. I can scroll thru the Source options but the local channels do not appear. There are no "In1, In2, etc. shown unless I do the group routing and change all 8 channels back to local instead of S16. I have about 3 hours to figure this out. Please help!

Super User
    Hi John,

It is a really simple fix. In the Routing menu (home page), you have probably assigned the S16 for the first blocks of 8 inputs (Inputs 1-8 => AES50 A1-8). To get the inputs at the back of the X32, you need to assign a block of 8 inputs to Local 1-8 (eg Inputs 9-16 => Local 1-8). Then go to channel 4 strip on config page. In the Source list, you will find 09 : In01, 10 : In02, etc. Simpy assign to this channel strip whatever input you need.

Hope that helps.

Paul

Actually Paul, I want inputs 1-8 to come from the stage box, just #6 to be local to the board. It's a wireless receiver for a sax mic. So I have Inputs 1-8 assigned to AES50 A 1-8. I want just one channel to come from the local (back of the board). My understanding was that you could reassign any channel individually to come from anywhere. However, there's no local (In6) option on the source list.

I thought for sure this was an option, perhaps in the last firmware. I hate to think they blew that option away with 1.13.

What you need to do is plug the wireless into an input that is still routed, and select that input as source for the channel. Just use any free input, even one of the auxes.

Super User
    Hi John,

You have to assign the inputs in the Routing menu in blocks of 8 (except for the last block, which is a block of 4). Then you can assign any individual inputs to the channel strip. as long as they are assigned in the Routing menu. Think of the Routing menu as a set of virtual patch panels. Once the X32 knows where these blocks are coming from, you are free to assign the channel strips as you see fit.

Paul

I have found the same problem. I have 4 wireless at foh and am already using the Aux inputs for playback. I don't need all 8 ch at Foh and would prefer to pick AES50 or a local input per channel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12