You are here: Home » Forum
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Android app release date?

Is there anyway some people could get access to a beta version or release candidate or something of the android app? That way we could get our hands on it earlier, test it out, and give bug reports and interface suggestions?

I've asked before, but they're probably several months away from a beta, sounds like they don't even have a working alpha.
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

Hi Behringer,
    my second ask. Will be android app for one specific device? Or will be universal?
    Thank you for your official anwer.

Android app devel doesn't work that way Jiri. When you compile, it compiles for all devices. Since it runs off a modded linux kernel, once you make the app for one device, you make it for all devices. It's not like apple where you can tag it for iPhone or iPad only. There are 4 screen resolutions in Eclipse and all android devices are compliant with at least one, so you know what it's going to look like on every phone/tablet.
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

I'm not so sure that what you write is true. There are a number of applications that are functional only on a specific model.
    Many users in this thread said that the reason why Behringer prefer apple and android is not that the iPad is only one and it's easy, android has very many hardware variants. Please see this thread ago.
    Therefore, it is contradictory.

There is often said that the program application for android is very difficult, and probably with the Behringer knows what to do.

The good news was that the application is under development, and there is no need to look for other alternatives, so I asked the question whether the application for a specific tablet

Quote Originally Posted by Jiří Jirutka View Post
    I'm not so sure that what you write is true. There are a number of applications that are functional only on a specific model.
    You're right, but the the only times apps work that way is for proprietary stuff that comes from the Hardware company, or your cell provider. They can write proprietary apps for their phones, but they're not on app store.

Many users in this thread said that the reason why Behringer prefer apple and android is not that the iPad is only one and it's easy, android has very many hardware variants. Please see this thread ago.
    Yeah... they're wrong. And my friend who spend a week at OSCon specifically for Android Devel would agree with me. So does all the talks at Google I/O. And the real reason why Apple uses common hardware is because they've placed patents on all of their hardware devices (computers/tablets/phones) so no one else can have a computer that would be able to run their Operating systems. That's why Hackintosh computers often have missing components (like audio) that won't work.

The reason is that Android uses a Linux kernel. So all the drivers are being handled at the kernel level, and there's drivers for everything. So when you compile it's for all devices. Google built it that way on purpose. Similar to how the Linux app works on Debian, OpenSuse, Fedora, ect... it's because it's all running a linux kernel with common libs.

There is often said that the program application for android is very difficult, and probably with the Behringer knows what to do.
    My friend's wife, who knows nothing about programming got a free sweater at OS Con for developing a android app. Took her about 15 minutes. You do have to know Java, but it's not as hard as people make it out to be.

The good news was that the application is under development, and there is no need to look for other alternatives, so I asked the question whether the application for a specific tablet
    The only reason you would do that is if you were trying to sell the hardware with the app. Android development isn't set up in a way where you should get bugs on different devices. Google designed it so apps run on all their devices..

Sorry if I ranted a little bit there. Sometimes my passion gets the better of me, and I often feel like this: duty_calls.png

I'm a little bit late, but Danke Schön, Michael - das sind großartige Neuigkeiten!

I really miss 'Like' function on this forum, that exist i.e. at soundforums.net.
    This post was made in Poland

On what we need buton Like it? My neighbor has it instead of the bell next to the door.

Jaffrey, New Hampshire Lat/Lng: 42.8129750,-72.0248270
    A *like button* would be grand here!
    ♫♪♫ I have a fever and the cure is cowbell ♫♪♫ .......... *LIVE FREE OR DIE* .......... ♫ I'm all ears ♫

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast