You are here: Home » Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scene Recall for Musical or Play

Cool Scene Recall for Musical or Play

I need the help of someone who has used the X32 to run a musical or play. The first week of April I am running sound for a local production of Fiddler on the Roof and I want to use the X32. However, if I can’t get it to work the way that I want I can use my LS9-32 instead. I like the sound of the X32 much better than the LS9. Here is what I need to be able to do. I want to assign scene up to a scene button and scene down to another scene button. I don’t want to program a specific scene, just increment and decrement from the current scene including doing the recall of the new scene. Can this be done on the X32? I am using the firmware version 1.13.

Examples:

Current Scene: 10
    <press scene button assigned to up> Scene 11 is recalled

Current Scene: 10
    <press scene button assigned to down> Scene 9 is recalled

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Bill Schnake
    Schnake Sound, Inc
    Experience, Expertise, Professionalism and Reliability

Bill, have you tried using the scene change buttons < and > (then hit the Go button)? If you don't want the popup screen to show, goto setup screen, global setting and uncheck the Scene Load (left side).

Paul

Thanks Paul. I will try that tomorrow when we are back at the shop.
    Bill Schnake
    Schnake Sound, Inc

Cool

Paul, I decided that I really didn't want to wait so I headed out to the shop and unloaded the X32. The scene change button method does work and I can probably get it down. I don't like having to use the < and > to confirm my action. I was hoping that I could make it more like my Yamaha with one button up and one button down. If you or anyone else thinks of another method I would like to know.

Thanks
    bill
    Bill Schnake
    Schnake Sound, Inc

IMHO is the system with up and down combined with a GO button more versatile because it allows you to skip scenes.

I agree Klaus, and it prevents me from going somewhere I don't want to go (or someone else on my behalf) by accident. On the Virtualizer Pro, Behringer uses the 2 second delay after you finish turning the knob. But even with that, if I get interrupted, I may end up with the wrong FX. I like the Go button myself.

Paul

in the setup you can make the scenes automatically advance to the next one and then all you have to hit is the GO button. I just used it like that for a 44 song setlist on a show and its great!! I understand you not wanting to program in sequence of the show, but I think it'd be worth your while.

Todd, thanks for the reply that is what I am wanting to do. I just tried it on my board and could not get it to work. Here is what I did:

Went into setup and under Global/General Prefs I enabled Scene Go Next.
    I exited Setup and hit the Go button in the Scenes area of the X32. Nothing happened. I rebooted the board and tired again and nothing happened.

Any idea what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for all of the help.

Bill
    Bill Schnake
    Schnake Sound, Inc

Hey Todd,

I just tried that Scene Go Next setting in the Global and it does work up to the last scene on the list, but won't loop around. So check and see if by chance you are on the last scene.

Paul

Yeah the only thin I can think of would be that you are storing backwards from 100 and working down. Has to be from 1... I've not tried it on the newest 1.13 FW so don't know if its an issue. I was on 1.10 at the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast