You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: Price (or Distributing) policy about X32 outside US?

Price (or Distributing) policy about X32 outside US?

Hi,

X32 has very good price, which seems that no one hardly bit it.
    But it seems a situation only in US.

Though the street price of X32 in US is $3000, its actual selling price in Korea is almost $5000.

There should be some issue about distributing outside US and being price a bit high is understandable.
    BUT, as you see, $3000 vs. $5000 on the same product opens whole different discussion.

Can Behringer (as company) help lower street price in other countries (or at least Korea) at bit?

I heard that Behringer's philosophy is a sort of "quality sound equipments with low price".
    In korea, this philosophy is not working at all !

Furthermore, recently Behringer Korea website states that

"We only offer AS for X32 directly imported thorough us.
    If you directly buy X32 outside Korea bringing into Korea,
    or you buy X32 from companies beside us,
    we DO NOT fix your X32, even if you are WILLING to pay."

Is this policy coming from Behringer Headquarter?

I want to hear any opinion about issues I explained above from Behringer people.

Best,

In Poland the price of X32 is $3700... It's almost 1/4 expensive than in US... But the price in Korea really surprised me.
    This post was made in Poland

in canada is 3200

I always go on line to check price before making decision. But lately price changed in Malaysia. It offers value for money after considering the transport, tax, after sales service because Behringer products always come with minor issue but not much of a major issue. Now, it is good to purchase locally to avoid all the hassles in the past when purchased from online. After all, its only slightly more than 10% with duty and freight included when purchase locally (duty in Malaysia is 10%)

I've been through a similar situation regarding the repair of a unit I imported to Brazil myself. Here's the link for the thread:

http://forum.behringer.com/showthrea...epair-coverage

I'd like to know if this "we won't allow authorized repair centers to fix units that were not imported by us" behavior is aproved by Behringer. Any news about that?

Dear Fausto,

I just spoke with our management for clarification. BEHRINGER repairs are to be performed within the country the unit was purchased in. If you have additional questions feel free to reach out to us.

Kind regards,
    Kind regards,

Chase McKnight
    Jr. Admin, Care
    MUSIC Group

Quote Originally Posted by Chase McKnight View Post
    Dear Fausto,

I just spoke with our management for clarification. BEHRINGER repairs are to be performed within the country the unit was purchased in. If you have additional questions feel free to reach out to us.

Kind regards,
    Chase, just curious.. are you telling us that if someone buys an X32 in the USA, takes it on a worldwide tour, and it dies in Singapore, he is expected to ship it to USA to have it fixed, while the local distributor/repair center is 2 miles away?

Or...if someone buys it from a country where there is no Behringer distributor...same thing?