You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: WET mix through my P16 monitor system & X32

WET mix through my P16 monitor system & X32

I would like to get a wet signal to the people that are using in ear monitors. I saw this on one of the tutorials but was not able to get it to work. Any help would be great.

Hi Jason, first question is are you mixing their monitor mixes, or are they using the P16s to mix their own? It does make a difference how to set it up. Second question, are you sure the musicians actually want a wet signal? Almost all musicians I do sound for do not want any FX in their mix.

Paul

we are using the P16 to make our own mix. Yes we would definitely like to try a wet mix. we have a room mic setup to put in our ears but it still feels a bit... blah. we might not like it but i would like to at least try it.

OK, what I would suggest is to put all the Fx returns (3rd layer AUX IN Fx Rtn) into a mixbus. If you can afford using 2 channels in the P16, then use a pair of mixbuses (say 11 & 12) and link them. If not use only one mixbus (say 12). Call it something like "Wet".

Then on right side, select the mixbus that you have chosen (eg. 11 if stereo, 12 if mono) and click the Sends on Fader button and select the 3rd layer. Then all you have to do is slide the Fx returns of your choosing up to how much wet you want.

Next, goto the Routing, P16 Out screen and choose the channel(s) you want this mixbus to be assigned (say 15, 16 for stereo), choose mixbus as Category, then the specific mixbus you setup. I would leave the Tap as Pre Eq.

Hope that helps

Paul

Sorry, second paragraph needs a bit of work

Then on right side set of sliders, select the mixbus that you have chosen (eg. 11 if stereo, 12 if mono) and click the Sends on Fader button (in between fader sections) and select the 3rd layer on the left fader section. Then all you have to do is slide the Fx returns (color red) of your choosing up to how much wet you want.

Add to end of second paragraph, unselect Sends on Faders when you are finished with the wetness of the signal. To monitor that, simply solo the mixbus and listen with headphones. The musicians will adjust the wetness to their liking on their P16 anyways.

thanks I will try this out after tomorrows service... I don't want to mess anything up the night before lol. I will let you know how it works out.