You are here: Home » Forum
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: CMD Controller Giveaway! (Ends March 4th)

Quote Originally Posted by Silas Williams View Post
    Yes please! I have mixxx but nothing seems to support the midi on the PL-1 (except for the buttons). They seem to be different from other knobs, so I think until other software provides support for them I'll need to use the Deckadance 2 LE. Please send as soon as possible
    I'll see if I can create fully functional mapping for PL-1 and Mixxx.

Quote Originally Posted by Silas Williams View Post
    Yes please! I have mixxx but nothing seems to support the midi on the PL-1 (except for the buttons). They seem to be different from other knobs, so I think until other software provides support for them I'll need to use the Deckadance 2 LE. Please send as soon as possible
    The messaging is not at all different than other knobs. You just need to define that knob as a Rot64Fast control instead of a Normal control. That said, the MIDI mapping in MIXXX is kind of a nightmare if you are mapping something that isn't specifically covered in their Mapping Wizard.
    Craig Reeves,
    Product Manager, DJ
    MUSIC-Group US.

Quote Originally Posted by craig.reeves View Post
    Well, if you want to learn Python that would be amazing. But right now you'll have to settle for standard mapping.
    For Ableton, standard mapping will kill the potential of this controller. Step sequencer is one of the many reasons LC-1 should use a midi remote script I'll probably give it a try and I'll search for some Ableton and Python scripting docs.

Now I'm working on a Traktor midi mapping, which is more flexible than Ableton's standard mapping. I love how it works so far.

Btw, the aluminium surface and that LED feedback knobs are just awesome.

Just to inform you that I got the package, its cmd micro, I dint know that you are giving that

Its firm, x-fade soft, pitch and volume fadfers are little bit harder just like it should be. Jog wheels are exactly size for track/cue points seeking.
    -Jog wheels question - outer part of the wheel should send different massage then the top side?
    -one more I got strange midi massage on each jog while touching the top side, for left C#-1 for right D-1 , its very hard to get it but with steady hand you can. I dont know what these massage are for, or how to map it.
    Buttons are great but I cant manage to turn off the leds?

Quote Originally Posted by Milos Sucin View Post
    Note that all CMD controllers except for LC-1 have backlight in amber. Which program do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Milos Sucin View Post
    -Jog wheels question - outer part of the wheel should send different massage then the top side?
    -one more I got strange midi massage on each jog while touching the top side, for left C#-1 for right D-1 , its very hard to get it but with steady hand you can. I dont know what these massage are for, or how to map it.
    The jogs on the Micro are dual zone - same as nearly all other jog dials. Touching the top metal surface sends a MIDI note on/off. Turning the jog dial sends a CC message. Typically the top note message is mapped to a "jog touch" message, and the CC is mapped to a "jog turn" message.

For the buttons, the normal mode of operation is that they are always lit amber. The indicator LED is 01, the blinking state is 02, and the "off" state is 00. All other messages are ignored.
    Craig Reeves,
    Product Manager, DJ
    MUSIC-Group US.

ok everything is working now
    thank you

I started to create an User remote script for Ableton. Which is the best relative map mod for encoders ?

# - Absolute
    # - Absolute14Bit
    # - LinearSignedBit
    # - LinearSignedBit2
    # - LinearTwoCompliment
    # - LinearBinaryOffset
    # - AccelSignedBit
    # - AccelSignedBit2
    # - AccelTwoCompliment
    # - AccelBinaryOffset

When I'm trying to map a knob, LED feedbacks doesn't work correct. I used AccelBinaryOffset, but the knobs are moving very slow in Ableton.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

PS: should I start a new topic called CMD LC-1 & Ableton ?

Alex,
    The encoders on all CMD products are binary offset encoders. See if the linear message works better.

The LED feedback for the encoder is 00-0F (1-15 - with 0 being off).
    Last edited by craig.reeves; 04-02-2013 at 02:48 PM.
    Craig Reeves,
    Product Manager, DJ
    MUSIC-Group US.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast