You are here: Home » Forum
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Release Date For ix16?

Paul I would rather have Uli stick to his own schedule than your need and produce a solid product. I really doubt that he needs to worry about Mackie.

You amaze me just order the X32 and be done with it. So you have to lug around a bigger piece of gear for a while but it will do all your gigs. No resale issues etc. Then pick up a iX16 when there available. That's probably a couple of years down the road after you finally have the X32 down. If you think that Presonus is going to change the landscape your probably wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blank View Post
    Thanks Scott!

My problem is that I don't have a viable mixer that I can use with all the new gear I am ordering this week. My only mixer presently is an old Soundcraft Folio Rac Pac and it just isn't cutting it. If I had a MixWiz or other comparable mixer, then definitely I would wait it out and see what the ix16 brings to the table before deciding between it and the 1608.

The only thing I could do now, at this point since I need a mixer, is to buy the DL1608 at the very low cost I am paying, which is $825.00 with no sales tax brand new. Then when the ix16 comes out, I can always hawk the DL1608 used on eBay and probably recoup most or all of the cash so long as I keep it in mint condition. But the point is I am spending a ton of money on gear, going with a pair of PRX618XLF subs, PRX612m tops, and a whole bunch of other stuff. I really don't want to be trying to run that gear with a 20 year old mediocre Rac Pac thathas only 10 XLR inputs, only THREE aux sends for monitors (well four, but I use aux 3 for external effects since the Rac PAc has no onboard effects), and is really not a very good sounding mixer either.

One final word about the effects on the DL1608: All I really need is some light reverb on the vocals and maybe a little delay on the snare. I talked to a buddy of mine who owns a sizable production company and does large festivals. He owns the DL1608 for his smaller gigs, and when I told him about the DL1608's crappy reputation with the effects, he laughed and said the effects are very good actually. However, he did say that they need to be EQ'd. He mentioned that each of the effects channels has the same incredibly functional four band parametric EQ where you can control literally everything from precisely where you want to apply the band, the Q, whether it is shelf or bell, and the Q. He mentioned that if you play around with the EQ for the effects channels that you can get some really nice effects, though he did agree that "out of the box" they don't sound great.

By the way, since I am only using reverb, pretty much, you should hear how AWFUL the external reverb unit I am using sounds! lol I think it is an ART unit from 20 years ago, but I am not sure.
    Hey Paul,

That sounds like a good plan.

As you mentioned, I am in a little different boat. I currently am running a MixWiz and have an M-OneXL for efx. I have an 8 channel Presonus ACP88 for gate and compression. I am not really hurting for a decent rig here. I just want to go digital, sell off my entire rack, snake, and case and go all digital on the world

I am looking for the first set of reviews and sound comparisons between the iX16 and the X32 to see how it compares. I have time and can wait to see if the iX16 lives up to expectations before I buy.

I am getting a handle on this whole digital mixer thing through research (and working on the XControl application). I have it down pretty well right now thanks to the free Behringer software which is pretty much fully functional even without an X32 to link it to. This was very handy for figuring out how the buses are used, the DCA channels, and general routing are setup along with other things I learned about the product like how to set scenes with MIDI signals and how to use MIDI to change parameters of your choosing. Labeling of the LCD scribble strips, setup of basic channel settings, EFX setup and routing, saving of presets, etc, etc can all be learned from the free XControl application.

That is really smart of Behringer. You can have a virtual X32 and learn nearly all of the capabilities without buying anything.

Let me know how the reverb on the DL1608 works out!

I've been trying to get those folks that say they were able to tweak the DL1608's reverbs to sound great to give us the settings they are using but no joy so far . OTOH I was able to figure out that you can't just switch reverb type on the reverb page and have it sound right - you have to go to the presets page from there and recall a preset to set all the controls properly for that reverb type. Rather unobvious but does explain why most folks hate their reverbs and Mackie insists that they are fine .

Ron, the next time I talk to my buddy Tim, I will ask him to read off his exact settings.

Ron, the next time I talk to my buddy Tim, I will ask him to read off his exact settings.
    Thanks! You know where to post them .

Ron, I did notice something interesting: I don't have the mixer yet (I ordered it yesterday), but I have the app on my iPad. When recalling reverb presets, there seems to be a pattern in the settings for the reverb that seems to involve high rolloffand damping and variable decay rates on a lot of the presets in the mixer. Maybe these would be good starting points for experimentation?

Ron, I did notice something interesting: I don't have the mixer yet (I ordered it yesterday), but I have the app on my iPad. When recalling reverb presets, there seems to be a pattern in the settings for the reverb that seems to involve high rolloff and damping and variable decay rates on a lot of the presets in the mixer. Maybe these would be good starting points for experimentation?
    Sure, we can all come up with our own settings - but if someone has been able to get something beyond "just OK" I'd sure like to hear it, even if only to have a better starting point .

Any Updates on iX16 Release Date?

Anyone got any new clues on release date?
    I'd love to see the manual and the technical specs on this device too!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mucha View Post
    Anyone got any new clues on release date?
    I'd love to see the manual and the technical specs on this device too!
    Behringer just started (or will very very soon) shipping the X32 Compact. That made the most sense because it is the easiest modification from the original X32 (just fewer I/0). According to video of Behringer representatives, the X32 Rack, Core, and Producer are all due out in the next 2 months.

Everything I have heard about the Xi16 has hinted the end of the Year. Uli posted somewhere that they were considering integrating the wireless router into the unit (making all you need to use it is an iPad).

Behringer is saying that this unit is part of the X32 family, but I am personally thinking that while it may share the digital processing algorithms, it may well use a less capable processor (thus the fewer busses, fx engines, etc associated with the Xi16 vs the X32 offerings).

My personal opinion is that it should sound the same as an X32, but will not be able to put as many "things" into the mix..... but then again at this price point, it will still be the most powerful digital mixer in its class .... and likely the best sounding as well.

@Uli,

I think you are going to sell tons of these things.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast