You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Release Date For ix16?

Release Date For ix16?

Hey folks, since this is the Behringer forum, is there a release date and price point for the new mixer? I am very curious.

I saw the same question in another post, and the answer that was given is "further details will be given later this year." I want one now, not later, its perfect for all the small gigs i have to do for my church!

Quote Originally Posted by John Ness View Post
    I saw the same question in another post, and the answer that was given is "further details will be given later this year." I want one now, not later, its perfect for all the small gigs i have to do for my church!
    Yeah I hear you!

The reason I asked this is, because in conjunction with the other thread I created about the X32 Vs the SL, I have decided on a unique solution. I need a backup mixer that can also do double duty in my acoustic duo. In truth, when I was looking at the 24.4.2, I had already factored in an inexpensive, LIGHT, and portable Yamaha MG mixer of some sorts so that in case I had a show where my digital board went down, I have a backup ready to go so I can get through the show. This was before I had started considering the X32 as an alternative to the SL, by the way.

Then I thought, Hey! How about a mixer like the Mackie DL1608 instead of the X32 or the SL? But the problem is I really want the big desk. So long story short, I think the way I really want to go is to actually buy the small mixer first, and with the Mackie (or the ix16 if it releases in time for me!). I could then have plenty of time, perhaps even wait for the 32.4.2 as a true comparison to the X32. The portable like the ix16 or 1608 would make a great mixer for my acoustic act AND a great backup for the larger desk for my band. But I need to buy the portable mixer within a week or a few weeks, unfortunately, not in some "undetermined further details" kind of time frame lol.

But this mixer looks like it will be better than the DL1608 to be honest.
    Last edited by Paul Blank; 02-21-2013 at 04:47 AM.

I was planning on buying the ix16 over the 1608 for the 18/18 recorder, one thing that gets me is the programable preamps, mackie has analog pots, ix16 is digital only by using the iPad, so if you have multiple different shows, ix16 is better.

It sounds like the ix16 is a lot better, and recording is a biggie for me. My issue with the ix16 is when in the name of all that is holy will they release it? Because if it is a few weeks, I can wait. But I really need a small mixer and soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blank View Post
    It sounds like the ix16 is a lot better, and recording is a biggie for me. My issue with the ix16 is when in the name of all that is holy will they release it? Because if it is a few weeks, I can wait. But I really need a small mixer and soon.
    Hey Paul, fancy seeing you here . Anyways since Mackie has decided to discontinue their user forums in favor of a yet-to-be-inplemented knowledge base I thought I'd stop by and find out the latest word on the availability of the iX16. I'm in no super rush as I have a Mackie DL1608 now that can do the job with a few caveats. I might actually be more interested in the X32 Rack if that comes out first .

Hey there, Ron! I can't believe no release date has been announced yet, so I get the feeling I am going to be forced into buying the DL1608. Don't get me wrong, I love the iPad software for the mixer, and I am sure I will be happy with the Mackie, but the ix16 is very appealing. Problem is I am buying the new PA system this month and I need a mixer now not in...whatever undisclosed time they decide to launch this. ;(

Last I saw they were saying May/June for the new X32 models but fall for the iX16. There's starting to be used DL1608's around for sale - maybe that's something you could buy now and sell for close to what you paid when the iX16 comes out? I'm probably more interested in the X32 Rack than the iX16 at this point anyway and May/June is gettin' close .

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Kimball View Post
    Hey Paul, fancy seeing you here . Anyways since Mackie has decided to discontinue their user forums in favor of a yet-to-be-inplemented knowledge base I thought I'd stop by and find out the latest word on the availability of the iX16. I'm in no super rush as I have a Mackie DL1608 now that can do the job with a few caveats. I might actually be more interested in the X32 Rack if that comes out first .
    Hi Ron,

I currently have a MixWiz and want to "graduate" to a digital mixer for my band. The most important feature for me is the ability to record multi-channel, then use the recording as a mechanism of mixing the band after the fact and setting a scene for the song which I can recall in a live show through a MIDI foot switch.

I too would be torn between the X32 Rack and the iX16.

The X32 Rack has many features that I don't really need, but it would fit nicely into a rack with my IEM system and my Furman power conditioner.... and I know it sounds great.

The iX16 is less expensive, and would be better for doing sound for friends where I could carry it very easily and require no space to speak of on stage (and I like the idea of having the cables plug into the top of the mixer since my eyes aren't what they used to be ).

I have heard that the iX16 is due out in the "April-May" time frame (someone from Behringer posted this in some other forum I read I believe) and that the X32 Rack will not be out until "Q3" which I always interpret as the last day of September

If the iX16 comes out first, I will likely buy it as long as I am happy with the sound and the PC control interface is as capable as the current XControl software is for the X32.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Kimball View Post
    Last I saw they were saying May/June for the new X32 models but fall for the iX16. There's starting to be used DL1608's around for sale - maybe that's something you could buy now and sell for close to what you paid when the iX16 comes out? I'm probably more interested in the X32 Rack than the iX16 at this point anyway and May/June is gettin' close .
    The problem is that my "new price" is $825.00 from a dealer out in St Louis, drop shipped from Mackie. The used prices are usually higher than that, to be honest. So I would rather buy new, unless I saw a truly amazing deal.

I am going to also need a full sized mixer, and am looking at both the X32 and the SL 24.4.2, as you already know both from Harmony Central (I am ChiroVette there, in case you didn't know) and from the dearly departed Mackie forums. The more I look at it, the more I REALLY like the X32, full sized mixer over the 24.4.2. But buying the small mixer (1608) means I don't have to be in a rush to snag the large desk.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast