You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB

Thread: Ideal config for recording with xenyx qx 1202 fx

Question Ideal config for recording with xenyx qx 1202 fx

Hi Again .

little by little I´m getting to know each time a bit more about this matter ... counting on your helpful forums I just like to ask which is the best setting for recording with this mixer and an Imac computer. Is really important and does it gives mores capabilities using a uca 222 interface ? . I mean easiest way to record with garageband or audacity including i.eg 2 mics 1 electric guitar and some effects from the mixer . Is it possible to record using the usb driver/cable or do I need an extra Usb interface like uca 222 ? . Please can you explain the capabilities on each setting ?
    Thanks a lot in advance .

Michael.Maeurer
    Dear Felix,

as the QX1202FX already includes the audio interface there is no need for another one. As you use a MAC you only have to plug in the USB cable into computer and mixer, there is no need for a driver. Within your DAW you set the audio interface to "USB AUDIO CODEC" which is the name the mixer's audio interface will appear in the system. Connect your monitor speakers to CTRL ROOM OUT and also press the USB/2TR TO CTRL ROOM/PHONES switch.

Thanks Michael

Going a little deeper : What I want is being able to record on garageband using the multiple input recording . MIcs and regular instruments can be assigned to different channels But with my Akai ewi usb controller is feed by the Mac computer via usb so the effects from the qx 1202 can´t be applied to the ewi signal Can you please suggest a way to accomplish this ?. I tried sending the audio output of the Imac to the mixer via stereo channel then effects can be added to the controller´s signal , but how can I record this on garage band without unwanted hiss ? . Can another usb interface help ? . I hope you understand my question and apologize for my poor English .

Thanks very much
    Last edited by Felix de la Cruz; 02-22-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix de la Cruz View Post
    Thanks Michael

Going a little deeper : What I want is being able to record on garageband using the multiple input recording . MIcs and regular instruments can be assigned to different channels But with my Akai ewi usb controller is feed by the Mac computer via usb so the effects from the qx 1202 can´t be applied to the ewi signal Can you please suggest a way to accomplish this ?. I tried sending the audio output of the Imac to the mixer via stereo channel then effects can be added to the controller´s signal , but how can I record this on garage band without unwanted hiss ? . Can another usb interface help ? . I hope you understand my question and apologize for my poor English .

Thanks very much
    Hello to everybody
    After a few months without a reply I go again over it. Support team thanks very much for your answer . Can you please help with my question ?

Dear Felix,

All BEHRINGER mixers (excluding X32) will only record two tracks at a time. Either two mono tracks or a stereo track. Your USB controller will connect with computer separate.

This is not an easy task, sending the keyboard controlled signal out to your mixer and back in to record. This is a limitation of XENYX mixers. You are not able to record and playback via USB at the same time.

Other ways including using an 1/8" to dual 1/4" TS will result in high latency. A separate interface with at least two inputs and two outputs will be perfect. Offering correct signal flow.

Kind Regards,
    Zac Ross
    Jr. Admin, CARE
    MUSIC Group US
    BEHRINGER

Thanks very much Zac for your reply. Seems that there´s no way unless I use another interface . What about Omega Lexicon ? It has four Inputs/outputs . Which will be the best way to connect it ?. It also has an usb interface so Do I use that one for connect to the computer ? . I apologize for the deep ignorance about this matters and again thank you very much for your support.
    Muchas gracias , saludos