You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB

Thread: Product Idea for Church Sound Systems

Product Idea for Church Sound Systems

Hi Behringer Folks,

Over the last 25 years I've installed 21 sound systems in churches on a volunteer basis, essentially supervising local church members so they could get a quality sound system installed for significantly less than they would pay a commercial sound system installation company for a similar system.

I was thinking about the church that I'm currently consulting with, and it occurred to me that I'd really like to have a few new AES50 products from Behringer to fit into that installation. I don't know if this is technically or financially feasible, but I'd appreciate it if your technical gurus could spend a couple minutes deciding.

I'd like to have an AES50 module that presents two mic inputs through a decora wall plate. I'd expect to run Cat5e in and out to the next wall plate for the AES50 bus, and I'd also expect to drag low voltage power (12V AC?) over a twisted pair to each module location.

A rotary switch or dip switches on the back would let me set the starting channel number (1, 3 ... 47) during installation. Front panel LEDs for phantom power would be helpful.

I could place these as needed around the sanctuary to provide mic inputs into the X32 system (Near the pulpit, lectern, behind the alter, in the ceiling where hanging mics would be placed, etc.)

The second module I'd use is the output version. It would have the same digital and power connectivity, but a pair of male XLRs that allow me to feed powered monitors, or even mount in the ceiling close to powered main speakers. I would also place one of these to provide an output for camcorders if the church has a location where wedding videographers normally setup.

I'd also probably buy a module with 2 RJ-45 jacks, where one provided the powered Ultranet output to drive either a P16-M or P16-D, and the 2nd was an AES50 output that could be connected to a S16 stage box when more inputs are needed in the system.

Having these modules would allow a very clean looking installation that has many of the advantages of digital stage boxes (short analog runs, with digital connectivity back to the mixer), without the need for a rack mount 16-in/8-out unit in one particular spot.

If my description isn't clear, I'd be happy to talk directly with anyone in your development group who was interested.

Best Regards,

John.

Quote Originally Posted by John Brawn View Post
    Hi Behringer Folks,

Over the last 25 years I've installed 21 sound systems in churches on a volunteer basis, essentially supervising local church members so they could get a quality sound system installed for significantly less than they would pay a commercial sound system installation company for a similar system.

I was thinking about the church that I'm currently consulting with, and it occurred to me that I'd really like to have a few new AES50 products from Behringer to fit into that installation. I don't know if this is technically or financially feasible, but I'd appreciate it if your technical gurus could spend a couple minutes deciding.

I'd like to have an AES50 module that presents two mic inputs through a decora wall plate. I'd expect to run Cat5e in and out to the next wall plate for the AES50 bus, and I'd also expect to drag low voltage power (12V AC?) over a twisted pair to each module location.

A rotary switch or dip switches on the back would let me set the starting channel number (1, 3 ... 47) during installation. Front panel LEDs for phantom power would be helpful.

I could place these as needed around the sanctuary to provide mic inputs into the X32 system (Near the pulpit, lectern, behind the alter, in the ceiling where hanging mics would be placed, etc.)

The second module I'd use is the output version. It would have the same digital and power connectivity, but a pair of male XLRs that allow me to feed powered monitors, or even mount in the ceiling close to powered main speakers. I would also place one of these to provide an output for camcorders if the church has a location where wedding videographers normally setup.

I'd also probably buy a module with 2 RJ-45 jacks, where one provided the powered Ultranet output to drive either a P16-M or P16-D, and the 2nd was an AES50 output that could be connected to a S16 stage box when more inputs are needed in the system.

Having these modules would allow a very clean looking installation that has many of the advantages of digital stage boxes (short analog runs, with digital connectivity back to the mixer), without the need for a rack mount 16-in/8-out unit in one particular spot.

If my description isn't clear, I'd be happy to talk directly with anyone in your development group who was interested.

Best Regards,

John.
    Interesting, but couldn't you just run lines from wall plates to a centralized S16? This would give you most of what you are wanting I believe.
    Last edited by Ruben Clark; 02-21-2013 at 12:42 PM.

I've seen something similar, but can't recall who from.