You are here: Home » Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ADAT to AES EBU convertor for S16?

And I have another idea. Very interesting use of X32 rack may be in amprack as a speaker management and monitors management. Has AES50 and multiple outputs.
    Behringer, may be?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiř Jirutka View Post
    Yes, DCX2496 is very good product, I am using too. But, I dont want buy some converter, because is possible in future, that behringer come with upgraded digital speaker management with AES50, which I like this feature.
    The audiosystem will be in one digital domain, without several convertions AD/DA/AD/DA/AD/DA.
    In my proposal there is only 1 AD conversion (on input channel in S16 or X32) and only 1 DA conversion (in DCX2496 output). The signal path from X32 to S16 to ADAT to AES EBU to DCX2496 can be completely digital. If such a ADAT to AES EBU convertor would be 100-200 /$, I would buy it now. Why wait for the next DCX?

I like your idea about the X32 rack as a processor. Then Behringer should add the x-over functionality to all mixbusses to have enough x-over outputs (not only matrix). (I currently use 3x DCX).

And, is possible route to ADAT out of S16 outputs of bus AES50? I thing, that to ADAT is possible route inputs of S16 as a mirror (splitter mode) or shifted inputs. For example:
    you have two S16
    splitter mode
    ADAT1 = input 1-8
    ADAT2 = input 9-16
    ADAT3 = input 17-24
    ADAT4 = input 25-32
    shifted mode
    ADAT1 = input 17-24
    ADAT2 = input 25-32

I thing, that is not possible use ADAT out as a master out /or monitors (buses) out
    Behringer, is this right?

As I see in operation table of S16, channels 33-48 (outputs) can be routed only to ultranet
    Last edited by Jiř Jirutka; 02-12-2013 at 04:52 AM.

You can:
    Routing -> tab aes a/b -> output 17-24 (adat1) or output 25-32 (adat2) -> select what outputs you want to have routed to the adat outputs.

Next, in routing -> on tab analog out, aux out or p16 out select which signal you want as an output.

The Weiss Engineering AFI1 seems to be an audio interface requiring a PC to be connected. I don't think it will operate stand-alone as ADAT to AES EBU convertor.

Under product page of AFI1 is forum, where somebody from manufacturer wrote, that AFI1 is standalone too. After disconect from PC, you can use as a convertor. Please, read it.

"

Hi,

I’d like to use the AFI1 with a CD transport, not a PC. The reason is that I want to slave the transport to the DAC, which I can’t do directly because the transport doesn’t have an Word Clock input. I’d like to know if the AFI1 could be used without a PC, just as a standalone AES/EBU to AES/EBU pass-through interface between the transport and the DAC and slave the AFI1 to the DAC instead of the transport.

If it needs to be configured through the PC software (like selecting the Clock source), after it has been configured does it still need to be connected to a PC or can it be disconnected and work as a standalone device until you want to change the settings?
    --------- answer---------
    Hello Alex,
    You can use AFI to slave to external sync (wordclock) or AES input. AFI1 keeps the setting when no firewire is attached. However since your source (CD transport) cannot be sync with the master clock, I think it is better to have a transport which accepts external sync. By this theory I think using a PC or MAC playbacks will be superior.
    Bests,
    Kent
    "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12