You are here: Home » Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NU3000 bridge mode

Dear Gerald,

The NU3000 will do 2 X 880 Watts @ 4 Ohms. The Quick Start Guide is incorrect. I will pass this along and get this updated.

We Hear You!

Kind regards,
    Kind regards,

Chase McKnight
    Jr. Admin, Care
    MUSIC Group

Bridge mode with crossover - clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Slater View Post
    Hi Ron,

It is really important to have 4 pole speaker cable, (also called NL4) to wire your amp and speakers for the use of the crossover or bridge mode. BTW rewiring the cable just means unscrewing the end, and using a screwdriver to swap a pair of wires.

When the crossover is activated, the Low frequencies end up on +2-2 of your 4 pole cable, and the mids and highs are on +1, -1.

In BRIDGED mode you will want ch A all of the way up and ch B all of the way down. Connect only to channel A.

Set the switch to BRIDGED

You will want to rewire your Speakon to +1, +2. You can just unscrew the end of the speakon cable to do this.

Mark this end of the Speakon so you know which end you rewired.

There is just the quick-start guide. but if you need any more help, please let us know.

I hope this helps,

Best,
    I am trying to do a similar thing to this thread, and I wanted to get some clarification to make sure I understand.

You're saying to connect the input from the source to the amp's Channel A input. Based on the silkscreening on the back of the amp, it looks like if two speakers are then connected, Channel A Out will get the 100+ Hz component of the mono input signal, and Channel B out will get the <100Hz component of the input signal. This would imply, to me, that you can connect a full-range cabinet to Channel A Out and a subwoofer to Channel B out and get a mono signal that is properly crossed over, and that you would not need special cables to do so. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Nate

I am also wanting some clarification on this. My only difference is that I'm using a nu1000 amp. Can I use bridge mode and use the crossover at the same time? I am wanting to hook up a single sub cabinet (without crossover), but use the max. power output possible. Which pins could I use to hook up to the sub's + and - input?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12