You are here: Home » Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recording onto a usb flash drive.

Michael.Maeurer
    Dear Dan,

the recording file is written continuously (files with zero length can be recovered with the typical lost file recovery programs). Updating the directory entries from time to time might be implemented in a future release but could create more problems than it solves (due to the fact that this is a full-speed 12 MBps usb port only).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael.Maeurer View Post
    Dear Dan,

the recording file is written continuously (files with zero length can be recovered with the typical lost file recovery programs). Updating the directory entries from time to time might be implemented in a future release but could create more problems than it solves (due to the fact that this is a full-speed 12 MBps usb port only).
    Thanks for the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael.Maeurer View Post
    Dear Dan,

Could you enlighten me on a "typical lost file recovery" program? I tried recording to a USB this morning, and 2 of the 6 files I recorded were 0 byte. The other 4 were fine. This was just testing, but I'd still like to know what went wrong and how to recover the files.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tarbill View Post
    So...you're not going to admit that the number of people who are having issues with this function indicates that there may be a way that you could do this better?
    Pull a USB drive from any computer before the file is fully written and closed, kill the power before files are closed, and you have a problem. How on earth is Behringer going to make USB-drives user-proof?
    Guys, this is the way it works, this is what you have to do, just do it!
    USB-drives are not going to change their behavior!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Wilcox View Post
    Could you enlighten me on a "typical lost file recovery" program? I tried recording to a USB this morning, and 2 of the 6 files I recorded were 0 byte. The other 4 were fine. This was just testing, but I'd still like to know what went wrong and how to recover the files.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=reco...I7GGNI_noNO473

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123