You are here: Home » Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recording onto a usb flash drive.

Dear All,

I cannot reproduce this issue here at our CARE Facility. I've tried multiple USB drives, and used two consoles- one on 1.12 and another at 1.11 firmware. The longest recording was roughly an hour. As Michael pointed out, remember to wait (a couple seconds) for the red light to stop blinking before pulling the USB drive out.

Also check your USB flash drive, itself. Make sure that is FAT32 formatted.

Kind regards,
    Kind regards,

Chase McKnight
    Jr. Admin, Care
    MUSIC Group

Quote Originally Posted by Chase McKnight View Post
    Dear All,

I cannot reproduce this issue here at our CARE Facility. I've tried multiple USB drives, and used two consoles- one on 1.12 and another at 1.11 firmware. The longest recording was roughly an hour. As Michael pointed out, remember to wait (a couple seconds) for the red light to stop blinking before pulling the USB drive out.

Also check your USB flash drive, itself. Make sure that is FAT32 formatted.

Kind regards,
    So...you're not going to admit that the number of people who are having issues with this function indicates that there may be a way that you could do this better?

Hi Dan,

There are many factors to consider when troubleshooting any issue. First, I wanted to see if firmware 1.12 acted differently than 1.11, which it did not. If you have tried multiple flash drives and feel you're doing everything correctly but it's still not working please let me know.

You can reach me at (702) 371-0830 or care@music-group.com and I'll be more than happy to assist on a direct level.

Kind regards,
    Kind regards,

Chase McKnight
    Jr. Admin, Care
    MUSIC Group

Dan, I was out last weekend and recorded 5 sets of music to the 2 track recorder/USB stick varying from 35 min - 1 hour and 40 minutes in length. I checked all of them today and all of them worked as they should have. It could be a glitch with your console. All I can say is it worked for me as advertised.

Good Luck.

Bill
    Bill Schnake
    Schnake Sound, Inc
    Experience, Expertise, Professionalism and Reliability

Sorry it took me so long to reply.... First off yes I have updated the firmware to 1.12. Second yes I waited before I took the usb flash drive out (also the manual says nothing about waiting for a light to stop flashing). Third I used the same usb flash drive that I used to update the firmware (would I still need to double check the format of the flash drive if I used the same one to update the firmware?). As far as selecting the main L and R channels the manual says that they are selected by defaul so why would I need to do anything else if that's what I was trying to record in the first place?
    I'll try again next oportunity I get and let you know if I have any success.

Well I tried it again and it worked this time. I didn't do anything different. I did wait a bit longer after I hit stop though.

Hitting STOP makes this work.

However...I still maintain that this function is far more frail than it needs to be.

Every second or so (on a low priority thread)...
    open
    append
    close

That would do a much better job of modeling the cassette that your graphic animation shows. (When you cut power to your cassette recorder, does the tape that has already gone past the record head suddenly get erased? If you hit Pause, instead of Stop, does it make a difference to the data that's already been laid down?)

Are there performance issues that make this impossible when running the board with a full load in the worst case (all 40 inputs and all fx running)?
    Last edited by Dan Tarbill; 02-11-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Michael.Maeurer
    Dear Dan,

glad it works now for you, too. Please do always use the STOP button. And there are no performance issues when the board is fully running and loaded.

I had this same problem when I bought my console back in September. The recorder showed signal on the meter, the little wheels were spinning, but the files all were empty when I got the stick into my PC. Tried updating the firmware, but no help. After a phone call to tech service, the fix was to return the console as defective. The new one has been working fine since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael.Maeurer View Post
    Dear Dan,

...And there are no performance issues when the board is fully running and loaded.
    I think you missed the point of my performance question. Would my suggestion of continually appending to the recording file so you don't lose everything when the recording isn't terminated properly, cause performance overhead that would be unsustainable on a fully loaded board?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast