You are here: Home » Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recording onto a usb flash drive.

Recording onto a usb flash drive.

Yesterday was the first time I used the X32 for running the sound at my Church. I plugged a usb flash drive into the X32 (the same one I used to sucessfully update the firmware) and clicked on the view for the usb flash drive and hit record to record the message. I hit stop whenever the service was over I clicked on the stop button. When I got home I plugged in my flash drive into my cpu and tried to open the recorded file but it ended up not recording anything, it even said that there was 0bites on the saved file. Did I do something wrong?

Michael.Maeurer
    Dear Francisco,

did you already update to the latest firmware 1.12?

MIchael the same thing happened to me using 1.12 good thing I was using the onboard recorder as a backup

Michael.Maeurer
    Dear both,

how long did you record and did you wait plugging off the stick until the small LED stopped blinking?

I don´t want to be a smart ass , but dit you set the main L and main R as signal source in the config page of the recorder ?

I recorded for about 45 min then stopped ans recorded another 10 min
    cant remember if the light was off or on
    Thanks

I have made the recorder work...but I have yet to successfully record something I needed to keep. The first time (v1.11), I just powered the board off and failed to stop the recorder. The second time (v1.12), I hit the record button to stop recording first. The red LED went out. Then I removed the USB stick. Still, it was zero bytes. Both times, the recording time was probably more than an hour, but less than two.

Michael.Maeurer
    Dear both,

did you select main L and main R as signal source for the recorder? Just to be sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael.Maeurer View Post
    Dear both,

did you select main L and main R as signal source for the recorder? Just to be sure...
    If there wasn't a signal source selected that had an actual signal...I would expect that you would get a large file that only contained digital zeroes...not a zero byte file.

It's actually sort of reassuring that so many people are reporting this problem. It indicates that the failure isn't necessarily that I have no idea what I'm doing. On the other hand, it does indicate that the recording function is much more fragile than it should be. How difficult would it be to periodically append data to the end of the file, rather than buffering the whole thing in memory where a power interruption would wipe it out?

(I'm actually kinda surprised that this thread found itself in the Power User section. Recording to USB should be pretty basic.)

I actually have a video i took with my phone that shows the signal going in and the tape rolling
    Dont know how to add it here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast