You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: Scene recall resets GEQ's to flat?

Scene recall resets GEQ's to flat?

When I use the console for live monitor mixes and recall scenes, the GEQ's don't retain their (saved) settings and go back to flat on all frequencies. I have Dual 31 band EQ's in Racks 4,5,6,7,& 8. An engineer friend is also having issues with the EQ's not recalling correctly on his X32 as well. Anyone else?

Fiona Hammond
    Hi Jim,

We have picked up your email in our company system; you can expect to hear from us shortly.

Kind Regards,
    Fiona Hammond
    CARE EMEA
    MUSIC Group
    BEHRINGER

Hi, I used it (I have GEQ only on master), and scene recall me recall stored eq settings, all works fine, if you have GEQ saved in preset.

Super User
    I had a similar experience this last Sunday. During the practice before the church service, I was encountering odd feedback problems. I checked the Stereo TruEQ in slot 5 (Main L & R) and it was flat. I recalled the settings from a saved library (fortunately I had saved it) and all was well, until half way through the service when the pastor turned on his wireless headset and got feedback. Checked the Stereo TruEQ and again it was flat. We have the 1.12 firmware installed. Something is weird going on.

Paul

Michael.Maeurer
    Dear Jim and Paul,

if you would like to load different scenes without having the FX slots changed (e.g. keep your settings on your GEQs) you have to check the boxes for FX4-8 for CHAN SAFE (press VIEW button in the scenes section, go to CHAN SAFE tab). Otherwise you will recall the GEQ as you have saved it within the scene. If this does not fix your problem, please let me know here in the thread.

Super User
    Hi Michael, no I had not changed any scenes or anything like that, particularly during the church service. Between the practice when I realized that the TruEQ was flat and when the Pastor turned his bodypack on, all I did was adjust some faders. But the TruEQ had gone flat again.

This last weekend I did sound for a wedding on the Saturday, so made a completely new scene, based on our standard church service scene. When the wedding was over, I recalled the standard scene and checked the TruEQ. I then turned off the X32 and let it sit for a bit while I setup the platform for the Sunday service. Later I turned the X32 back on and checked the TruEQ and all was well. I've also given the other sound engineer a heads up of this problem. If it happens again, I'll probably go back to using the Stereo Graphics EQ that we've been using since we got the X32 in November.

Paul