You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: Full Backup

Full Backup

Guys Im gettiing my X32 Replaces and will like to backup and restore all my settings from my old one to the new one
    the scenes are no problems but what about the lybrary and presets
    dont want to don them one by one

thanks

I'm afraid there is no other way, at least I didn't find one. Would be great to have the option though, syncing the presets from the console to the PC via XControl would be the best way to implement it in my opinion.

Ozzy, you can save the library by exporting the presets one at a time to a USB Key. You can then import them into the new board.

Good Luck...
    Bill Schnake
    Schnake Sound, Inc
    Experience, Expertise, Professionalism and Reliability

thats what I did and not fun

You can't create a console file that contains everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Padrick View Post
    You can't create a console file that contains everything?
    I might be wrong, but I think all the scenes are contained in a show file. If you export that show file you will have all your scenes, but they will be named showname.001, showname.002 etc. And when you bring them back they will still be named that way.

I fear that the scene management for the X32 is a complete disaster and needs to be re-written from the ground up.

Mick Berg.

"but they will be named showname.001, showname.002 etc"

No, if you bring them back, they will have their original names.
    If you just want to bring back some of the files from your show, you can read out the original scene name by opening just the show file with the windows editor. All scene names will be displayed with their original names. Just pick the one you need and you're good to go.
    Christian

Save a showfile and open it in the text editor, you will see, than contains list of scenes, not scenes. I think, that you must export scene by scene, and for end showfile.

A nice enhancement for V2 would be to
    1. Be able to save / back-up all presets in one go
    and or
    2. Have the option of saving all the presets along with the scenes in a SHOW

Nick