You are here: Home » Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New consoles/work surfaces

No scribble lcd's?

But this is why behringer also did the compact version. It has them...

It may not fit into a 19" rack but as I understand it that is the very reason that the producer can't have the scribble lcd's.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Lofgren View Post
    No scribble lcd's?

But this is why behringer also did the compact version. It has them...

It may not fit into a 19" rack but as I understand it that is the very reason that the producer can't have the scribble lcd's.
    I am going to bombard this forum with this subject until someone takes notice. Just make inputs 9-16 available on faders 9-16. Problem solved for 90 percent of us. Come on, why does no-one get it???

Mick Berg.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Berg View Post
    I am going to bombard this forum with this subject until someone takes notice. Just make inputs 9-16 available on faders 9-16. Problem solved for 90 percent of us. Come on, why does no-one get it???

Mick Berg.
    As a workaround - Use the dca's for 9-16. You still have access up to 16 busses for grouping.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Lofgren View Post
    As a workaround - Use the dca's for 9-16. You still have access up to 16 busses for grouping.
    Robert, you are correct of course, but my plan is for the console to be used by unskilled operators, and the DCA's would be confusing for them. But it's a matter of principle also, without this the console just won't be as good as it could be.

Mick.

For unskilled operators, there's the StudioLive. The price of used ones should start dropping as more people replace them with X32s

I would trade the full LED meters for scribble strips in a heartbeat. You already have individual channel metering during channel select and pfl functions. A 'signal present/0 db/peak' meter is all I need for live work. Perhaps repositioning the scribbles below the fader tracks? Might that entail a slight increase in height/thickness of the chassis?

I am reconsidering the Producer after a little thought.

Yes, scribble strips would have been quite nice, but as I stated, I don't hover over the mixer at a gig anyway.... I play and sing so I couldn't touch the mixer even if I wanted to.

If the X32 Rack is an acceptable solution for someone like me, then the Producer would be as well.

This mixer is small enough to put into a small rack (with my power conditioner and IEM send). I could take it to small bars and private parties easily since it is so compact.

The X32 Producer still seems like a really good solution at a very good price.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Padrick View Post
    For unskilled operators, there's the StudioLive. The price of used ones should start dropping as more people replace them with X32s
    ymmd, mate (switched over from presonus to x32). sorry for off-topping. Henry
    X32, MacBookPro 17 i7 Quad 2.2, Presonus Studio One Pro

Quote Originally Posted by henryklein View Post
    ymmd, mate (switched over from presonus to x32). sorry for off-topping. Henry
    I get the humor, but I wonder how much Presonus can reduce the price. Price is often determined by the way you design your product, and the supply chain of the parts inside it. You can cut your price, but to do so generally cuts your profit margin in a way that you can't afford..... for very long.

While I really like the sound and features of the X32, the real genius of this product is its price. After all, we have had the LS9 around for quite some time, but you don't see many weekend warriors like myself using one ...... it is simply too expensive.

Behringer have managed to bring a really great combination of features and quality sound into a package they can make money at selling less than their direct competition.

Given time to analyze the products, what percent of the market would decide on a 16.4.2 over the X32 Performer? On a bigger mixer, why would anyone pick the new SL 32.4.2 over the X32?

There is the niche market of analog board users who are more comfortable on the SL or new Soundcraft Expression Si, but most people who operate and need a 32 channel board .... are probably going to go for the more fully featured mixer ..... especially if that mixer is also $1000.00 less.

Behringers only weak points (that I have been able to see) is getting traditional analog users to adopt a more complex (albeit more fully featured) mixer, and to overcome their past quality issues.

The latter seems to be well underway..... or I wouldn't be here posting in this forum at all. The former ..... that may take more time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12