You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: Sends/DCA Question, X32 Core & Rack Ship Date?

Sends/DCA Question, X32 Core & Rack Ship Date?

3 Questions:

1 - DCA Mute does not mute pre-fade aux sends. This is different behavior from every other digital board I've used, can it be changed so DCA mute does mute sends? I know on digico you can do pre-mute sends to keep sends hot, otherwise they mute with DCA or channel mute.

2 - Can X32 Rack be used as an S16? In other words, buying an s16 and x32 core would be $1900, X32 rack at $1500 is a better deal. I already have an X32, but want an iPad mixerless rack solution as well. Would be nice to use the X32 Rack with the X32.

3 - Ship date for the new line of X32 gear?

Thanks for your help!

Michael.Maeurer
    Hi Joshua!

1- The DCA is a "fader", so if the DCA is muted the virtual fader is down. That's why pre-fader aux sends are not muted, similar to an analog desk.

2- No, it can only be used as an X32

3- tba

1- I get the DCA logic, but why emulate the analog way, when the behavior of digital desks can be much more flexible. It does make sense that pressing mute on a DCA should be equivalent of pressing mute on each of the DCAd channels. Or at least have the option.

2- Why can't the io be shared with x32 rack? I thought flexible easy io was the point of aes50.

3- thanks

Michael.Maeurer
    Hi Joshua,

1- We will consider it, thank you.

2- You can surely route the inputs of the X32 RACK to be used in the FOH X32 and control the X32 RACK via remote as monitor console. But you can not remote control it with another X32.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael.Maeurer View Post

2- You can surely route the inputs of the X32 RACK to be used in the FOH X32 and control the X32 RACK via remote as monitor console. But you can not remote control it with another X32.

can you use the FOH X32 to change gain settings on the X32 Rack? or do I have to use a ipad or laptop to make those changes?

Thanks again Michael. On #2 that's really what I was asking, I guess I worded the question wrong. So, good news!

Michael.Maeurer
    Hi Jason,

you will have to use iPad or laptop with one of our remote softwares to do so.