You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USB update to firmware 1.12 not working

USB update to firmware 1.12 not working

hi,
    i've tried to apply the firmware update from 1.11 to 1.12 today. tried with inserting the usb-stick before booting the x32 as well as with a reboot initiated by changing the sampling frequency. i used the same stick as i did for the update to 1.11. also tried to other sticks - same result. nothing happens. the console comes up as no usb-stick were inserted.

any suggestions how to have the new firmware applied?

cheers,
    markus

Check the name of the file after it is unzipped.

Mine unzipped as ... X32_Firmware_1.12.update

If so, change the name to ... dcp_corefs_1.12.update

Even after changing the name, I had to re-format the flash drive and boot several times.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Markus Pfeifer View Post
    hi,
    i've tried to apply the firmware update from 1.11 to 1.12 today. tried with inserting the usb-stick before booting the x32 as well as with a reboot initiated by changing the sampling frequency. i used the same stick as i did for the update to 1.11. also tried to other sticks - same result. nothing happens. the console comes up as no usb-stick were inserted.

any suggestions how to have the new firmware applied?

cheers,
    markus
    I use an older PNY 4G stick that works fine. I just did the update with no problems. I put only the new update file on root level of the stick and delete the prior version. Then I turn the console on. Once the desk is on, insert the USB stick and wait a minute. Then, I go and change the sample rate with the console on. That worked fine the first time I tried it. As others have posted, there can be issues with certain drives, and even a drive that works once may not work the next time. HTH -Rob

Hello All,
    I've just updated the firmware but I did have to delete previous versions off the memory stick.
    Hope that helps,
    Craig.

Worked fine for me, upgraded the fourth time now using the same (old) 4GB stick formatted to FAT32. Maybe there's an issue with newer chips or other file systems?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Harvey View Post
    Check the name of the file after it is unzipped.

Mine unzipped as ... X32_Firmware_1.12.update

If so, change the name to ... dcp_corefs_1.12.update

Even after changing the name, I had to re-format the flash drive and boot several times.

Changing the file name worked for me. Kind of funny, but probably an oversight.

The same happened to me.

When I downloaded the Firmware 1.12 update the first time I got the file X32-Firmware_1.12.zip. After unzipping it I ended up with one file as follows:
    X32_Firmware_1.12.update.

I placed this file on my same memory stick that I used before and nothing happened. After trying to install a few times, I concluded that the file may have been corrupted during download. I went back to the download site and again downloaded X32_Firmware_1.12.zip.

This time after unzipping the file I got two files as follows:
    dcp_corefs_1.12.update
    releasenotes_1.txt

I installed dcp_corefs_1.12.update on my memory stick, inserted it into my X32 desk and booted it up. This time the firmware installed correctly and without any problem. Evidently something went haywire when the firmware update was initially placed in the download area but Behringer seems to have fixed it since then.
    Just make sure you end up with dcp_corefs_1.12.update after unzipping and you should be fine.

i've downloaded it again few minutes ago and now the contained filenames are as you've mentioned it. so it seems there is something wrong with the files at the behringers site. this should not happen.

however - just applied the update without any problem.

thanks all for your help!

cheers,
    markus

Michael.Maeurer
    Dear all,

we had a wrong downloadlink on our homepage for firmware and XControl PC version, but this is fixed now.

My X32 isn't updating. I've placed the dcp_corefs_1.12.update file in the root of two different fat formatted thumb drives, but it will not update. I've tried changing the sample rate to force a reboot, but it still won't update.

Is there something else I'm missing?

Mark O.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast