You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB

Thread: How to do updates on the X32. This works

Cool How to do updates on the X32. This works

Heres the steps you need to do to successfully load updates on the X32.

I recently purchased the X32, but when I tried to do the updates I couldn't get it to load. Finally after trial and error I figured it out.
    I hope this helps anyone else that is having the same problem.

Step 1: Download the update to your computer (NOT to the jump drive).
    Step 2: Unzip the download.
    Step 3: Copy the file that has the file extension .update to the jump drive.
    Heres an example of the file yo copy for the update 1.11 dcp_corefs_1.11.update
    Step 4: insert jump drive in to the mixer, then turn the mixer on. The file should load.

Good Luck

I had a lot of trouble updating my firmware also and what I had to do was change the sample rate from 48.0 to 44.1 shutdown the board put the jump drive in power on and then it took the update. I had been fighting this for a week and finally called the guy that I bought the board from. he told me to do a few things which I had already did then he mentioned that and it worked.

I had trouble with my USB 3.0 Lexar Flash Drive - 32GB version. Although it was formatted FAT, the x32 didn't recognise the firmware file. In the end I used a USB 2.0 Flash Drive - 16GB and it worked without a hitch.

So a potential solution is just to try another flash drive.

Fiona Hammond
    To update the X32 firmware, download the latest firmware update via the X32 product page:
    http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products...oftwareContent

Unzip and copy the UPDATE file to the root of a FAT32-formatted USB stick. Insert into the USB slot next to the screen and reboot the console. On rebooting you should see the black boot screen appear before the unit is fully booted. If this does not occur, you will need to change the sampling rate in the console under SETUP>CONFIG. Confirming will prompt a reboot, during which you will then see the black boot screen prior to the console booting on the new firmware.

Your current firmware version is accessible via SETUP>CONFIG.

Kind Regards,
    Fiona Hammond
    CARE EMEA
    MUSIC Group
    BEHRINGER

"Unzip and copy the UPDATE file to the root of a FAT32-formatted USB stick. Insert into the USB slot next to the screen and reboot the console. On rebooting you should see the black boot screen appear before the unit is fully booted. If this does not occur, you will need to change the sampling rate in the console under SETUP>CONFIG. Confirming will prompt a reboot, during which you will then see the black boot screen prior to the console booting on the new firmware."

I have tried this and have not had any luck. Do I need to go through every update or can I just upload the latest version? Currently way behind, still on the firmware version

Fiona Hammond
    Hi Ryan,

You can upload straight to the latest firmware version, currently V1.13, downloadable via:
    http://www.behringerdownload.de/X32/...mware_1.13.zip

If you are unsuccessful after unzipping and copying the UPDATE file to the root of a FAT32-formatted USB stick, I would recommend you try the same process on a different USB stick in case that is the cause of the issue.

If you are still having difficulty please let me know.

Kind Regards,
    Fiona Hammond
    CARE EMEA
    MUSIC Group
    BEHRINGER

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona Hammond View Post
    To update the X32 firmware, download the latest firmware update via the X32 product page:
    http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products...oftwareContent

Unzip and copy the UPDATE file to the root of a FAT32-formatted USB stick. Insert into the USB slot next to the screen and reboot the console. On rebooting you should see the black boot screen appear before the unit is fully booted.

If this does not occur, you will need to change the sampling rate in the console under SETUP>CONFIG. Confirming will prompt a reboot...
    Hi Fiona,

The first part of this has never worked for me, either, on any console, using any USB stick.

While changing the sample rate will undoubtedly work to cause a reboot, a simpler way to do it with less button pushes is to simply turn off the power switch for less than a second and then turn it back on again. This always causes a reboot (since the console will reboot when the AC supply drops below 85 volts for longer than 20ms) and the update works just fine.

If you reset the sampling rate to cause a reboot, you not only have to do multiple button pushes, but you have to set it back after it updates with more button pushes and another reboot.

FWIW,
    Dan