You are here: Home » Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Live 32 ch. recording software

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Slater View Post
    Hi All,

Pro Tools will also work with the X32, as long as it is version 9 or later.

Best,
    It works great, but it's still a rather big risk to take an iLok with you on a gig or even worse, a tour. I'd rather leave it in my studio as I don't need Pro Tools' functionality for recording anyway, so a basic software like Presonus' Capture would be a very welcome addition to your X32 programs.

All, I am using Cubase 4.0 to record the tracks at the show on my HP laptop a external USB 2.0, 500 gig, 7200 rpm drive. I then come back to my 'home studio' with my trusty 500 gig, 7200 rpm drive and dump the tracks to my Mac and Cubase 7 to mix. It seems to work very well. Last weekend I recorded 6 hours of 32 track audio at a show in addition to providing all of the live sound and production. We sold the tracks, with the artist permission, to the group that put on the show for an additional $600. The group that hired us will take the tracks to a studio near them and mix what they want. This is a great way to add value to your customers and pickup some additional cash along the way.

Bill
    Bill Schnake
    Schnake Sound, Inc
    Experience, Expertise, Professionalism and Reliability

I would prefer a solution like the recording option of RME Digicheck. Simple to use and because the recording is stored in one single wave file, it works also on older hardware. Unfortunately it needs RME hardware.

Hi Jim.

Sorry, but if you want to record 32 tracks simultaneously then you have to get at least the Artist edition.

Cubase Elements 6 "only" supports 24 physical in/out's, which allows recording of 24 channels at the same time.
    (Source: Cubase Elements 6 - Quick Starting Guide - page 10 - downloadable at Steinberg ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Download/Cub...cs_english.zip)

Regards
    Klaus

What about Audacity? would that work for simple multitrack recording?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Beck View Post
    Well... according to the maker it should.
    For info visit: http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Mu...nnel_Recording

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Beck View Post
    I guess so, but I never found out how to use it in a fast and efficient way. Worst user interface/workflow ever!

Here's some interresting and maybe good news.

I've been in contact with Cakewalk regarding Sonar X2 Essential, and its ability to record multiple audiotracks.
    There reply was (quote): "Yes, SONAR X2 Essential can record as many inputs as your audio interface supports."

This means we can get a pretty decent DAW with 32 track recording capability priced at $99 (@Sweetwater) or €89 (@Thomann)

presonus capture works fine with X32

Quote Originally Posted by Jiří Jirutka View Post
    presonus capture works fine with X32
    What version cause I have the latest one in Mac running Mountain lion and it doesn't work

I use Nuendo Live

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast