You are here: Home » Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which wireless routers work?

Hello everyone,

In my experience, I have yet to find a router that does not work with the X32. The key to get everything working right is knowing the IP address of the router. Most routers will have a default IP of 192.168.1.1. but I have come across several with an IP of 10.0.0.1, etc. As soon as you know the router's IP then you can set the console's and XControl's IP's.

Please don't hesitate to contact us in technical support if you're having difficulties connecting, we'd be happier to walk you though! (702) 800-8290 or care@music-group.com

Kind regards
    Kind regards,

Chase McKnight
    Jr. Admin, Care
    MUSIC Group

I have not been able to get my AirPort Express to play well with the X32.

The iPad/iPod/iPhone will display "attempting to connect" most of the time.

Every so often (maybe 1 out of 20) it will connect. To do that, I have to unplug and then reconnect the AirPort Express to the back of the X32 numerous times and, maybe, it will connect.

I tried a friend's old Cisco router today and it worked perfectly every time.

When I plugged the Cisco into the X32, the network light at the connector on the X32 came on immediately.

When I plug the AirPort Express into the X32, the network light at the connector on the X32 blinks for 10 seconds and then stays on.

I was unable to get the AirPort to connect with the X32 over a 2 hour period this afternoon.

The iPad, iPhone, iPod, and MacBook all see the AirPort router just fine.

The AirPort functions perfectly with the PreSonus StudioLive set up, but in that configuration it is not connected directly to the mixer.

There must be some sort of handshaking gremlin lurking between the X32 and the AirPort Express.
    Bob

I bought a Belkin wireless router and set it up just fine.
    NOTE:
    You will NOT SEE THE X32 IN THE ATTACHED DEVICES ON THE ROUTER.
    However, the iPad connects just fine and off you go. It works great.
    I did not hook up the internet to the router since I do not need it, so it's just a wireles network for the iPone/iPad connection to the X32 and control it from anywhere in the (pretty large) Church.
    Good luck!
    Peter.

I did something else the other night: I don't use an iPad so I don't need the wireless option, which is why I tried to connect my MacBook without a router directly via Ethernet (straight cable) to the console, and it worked. So if you just want to control the console via a computer that's right next to it, just hook it up and leave the router at home (you would have to enter the network settings on your computer manually though of course).

I have the DLink DIR 655 with remote antennae. I bought 2 long range antennae with a magnetic base that I put on boom stands (all the way up is about 8') about 15 feet out on either side of my mix position. The router has a 3 jacks for antennae- middle is the short stubby and the other 2 now have BNC adapters to facilitate quick setup without kinking the cables. The whole setup (minus the stands) resides inside the doghouse and stays wired.

As with any tx/rx situation, getting the aerials up and out of the way of EMI/RFI coming directly from the surrounding gear always helps.

Works flawlessly up to about 250-300'.

Hope this helps...

I've been an X32 owner for only a couple of weeks. Have used my Apple Airport Express flawlessly for about 12 shows. Until the last show of the trip. The console would not communicate with the router. Everything I knew to try I tried. Could not get it to connect. Attempting to connect is all the app would read. Could connect to the router fine. Tried 3 different iPads and 2 iPhones.

Emailed Tech Support...

"Thank you for writing BEHRINGER. While the Apple Airport Express should work as a router for the X32 and iPad, we have recommended users to use a different router for this setup. There have been a couple reports of drop outs with the Airport Express and once the user has switched to a different router the issues resolved.

Belkin, Linksys, or Netgear routers have all been tested and work perfectly. Let me know if you have any other questions!"

Any Ideas?? I know I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I hate to throw away a $100 router...

Quote Originally Posted by Chase McKnight View Post

Please don't hesitate to contact us in technical support if you're having difficulties connecting, we'd be happier to walk you though! (702) 800-8290 or care@music-group.com

Kind regards
    Chase ... has your team had any luck with configuring the Apple AirPort Express to play nicely with the X32 ?
    Bob

Hello Bob,

We are still awaiting further testing for the AirPort Express. Please continue using any other router for now
    Kind regards,

Chase McKnight
    Jr. Admin, Care
    MUSIC Group

I have a airport express and just stetted it up as a standalone router not connected to the internet and works fine
    love the airplay option and for large venues I connect 2 or 3 as repeaters so I extend my signal
    I will copy my settings tomorrow when we set for another show and paste them here

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy Stone View Post
    I will copy my settings tomorrow when we set for another show and paste them here
    That would be great, Ozzy ... thanks ! Chase will also be interested in that information.

I really like the AirPort Express and use it reliably with my friend's PreSonus rig. With the X32, unfortunately, it may connect 1 out of 20 or so attempts.

I've have a borrowed Cisco Linksys older single-band router to use with the X32 and it performs flawlessly.
    Bob

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast