You are here: Home » Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which wireless routers work?

Which wireless routers work?

It would be great if those who have sucessfully set up their iPads with wireless routers would post which routers they are using and whether or not they have had any problems.

I just purchased an iPad for my X32 and would like to know if the Apple Air Port router works.

Thanks in advance,
    Alan

humhead
    An Airport will work, but is a huge waste of money for this function. Any $25 router will work.

The iPad app is very limiting, I highly recommend connecting your X32 to a computer and run X Control on it, and remote access control the computer with the iPad. Far more functionality.

You can do this again with any router. Connect console and computer to router, set the computer LAN connection to a static address to access console, and the wifi connection to dynamic. (You can also connect an internet connection from your ISP to the router if you wish to have internet access from computer and iPad or any connected device.)

You a VNC application like TeamViewer (free) or Logmein if you connect to internet to remote log into the computer from the iPad and control the X32 via X-Control.

I have a couple venues with X32's set up this way. I can log in and support or run the X32 from anywhere via my iPad or iPhone.
    Last edited by humhead; 12-08-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by humhead View Post
    An Airport will work, but is a huge waste of money for this function. Any $25 router will work.

The iPad app is very limiting, I highly recommend connecting your X32 to a computer and run X Control on it, and remote access control the computer with the iPad. Far more functionality.

You can do this again with any router. Connect console and computer to router, set the computer LAN connection to a static address to access console, and the wifi connection to dynamic. (You can also connect an internet connection from your ISP to the router if you wish to have internet access from computer and iPad or any connected device.)

You a VNC application like TeamViewer (free) or Logmein if you connect to internet to remote log into the computer from the iPad and control the X32 via X-Control.

I have a couple venues with X32's set up this way. I can log in and support or run the X32 from anywhere via my iPad or iPhone.
    Thanks much for the info!

I've used a number of wireless routers and they all work with X32. No reason why they shouldn't of course.

It works with Air Port router in the same way it does with all the others I've tried. (Though the Apple product is vastly more expensive than a cheap wireless access point you can pick up for a few quid on ebay.)

Love my AirPort Express!

I have the both the first & second generation units. They are easy to configure and perform flawlessly every time.
    Bob

I use the Airport Extreme and it has performed flawlessly in every venue however they are expensive.

Hi @ all,

I use the TP-Link Nano router TL-WR702N and it works perfect. One thing for Behringer engineering:

If the USB port would be type A with power supply, this kind of router could work without its own power adapter, this would be a great thing ... Just one one short patch cable, all set up

Best regards, Joachim

humhead
    Of all the under $50 routers, hands down the best results are with Belkin. I will ONLY use Belkin routers in the venues I install and design for, and carry one for my personal use. Rock solid, simple setup, and they just never, ever go down. Additionally, they have the widest range of any router in their price range. I have one in an arena install that broadcasts outside the steel concrete building, and another in a 2300 seat theatre that covers all but the deepest corners of the basement (3 floors below the router location)!!!!!

Here's a link to the specific model I use:

http://www.belkin.com/us/F9K1001-Bel...b/WSNT/WSNTWLS

Hi, I have been using a Lynksys E3000 for the last two years. It has a range of about 250 feet and I have not had a single connection loss to my iPad or my system. My system uses this router to control the X32/LS9/M7CL/SC-48 and a full system of Crown I-Tech HD amps. I have purchased a backup for the day it dies, but we use it over 160 times per year in all kinds of conditions and it works great!!
    Bill Schnake
    Schnake Sound, Inc
    Experience, Expertise, Professionalism and Reliability

I use the airport express by apple they work great have 5ghz and airplay

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast