You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB

Thread: x32 to s16 setup

x32 to s16 setup

Hi there

I have an x32 and 2 s16s. All connected green lights etc. Im getting input back to desk from s16 but NO fader controllable output from s16 output. The x32 will not control anything (i.e. fader volume). The only thing that does work is the gain on each channel.

I plug in to out 1 on s16 for example and have output but no control at all over it. Faders make no difference. I'm obviously missing something but l've been through all the sync settings, routing pages etc but no change.

After several fruitless phone calls I'm asking for help. Due to their being no detailed manual - a step by step setup guide - from scratch to get the x32 and s16's to communicate the right way would be immensely appreciated.

I have searched lots of forums youtube videos etc all helpful but not providing answer i'm looking for. Seems to my problem alone!

There is a webinar coming up on this topic but l would like it to work now!

May have to resort to the old copper snake.

In anticipation

Michael.Maeurer
    Did you route a bus to the output? Please check also on the routing "analog output" page if the output is set to post fader.

x32 to s16 routing

Quote Originally Posted by Michael.Maeurer View Post
    Did you route a bus to the output? Please check also on the routing "analog output" page if the output is set to post fader.
    Hi. Thanks for response.

I have the first s16 working now. Channels 1-16 work fine.

However l am having problems with the second daisy-chained s16 (from b port on FIRST s16 to A port on second S16) which l would like to run channels 17-32 through. What should the settings be in the routing menu /s16 to facilitate this.

Hi Guys,
    We are offering an S16 Stagebox Webinar.

X32 Live! Webinar/User Group - X32 & S16 Stagebox
    Join us for a Webinar on December 13

Space is limited.
    Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
    https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/651672591
    Please join us for our X32 Live! Webinar/User Group #14!
    This Webinar will focus on expanding on our new Pro Audio family of products including the S16 Stagebox. We will go over setting up the S16, various configurations, and a variety of real-world scenarios in which you would use the Stagebox. We will also go over connecting the S16 with the X32 via Cat-5 cabling, and touch upon other products that could be used in conjunction with the X32 and the S16.
    The second hour will be open for questions and live demos!

I hope you can make it!

Title: X32 Live! Webinar/User Group - X32 & S16 Stagebox
    Date: Thursday, December 13, 2012
    Time: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM PST
    After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.

Best
    Joe Sanborn
    Manager, Channel Marketing
    MUSIC Group
    BEHRINGER
    Last edited by Joe Sanborn; 12-10-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by colinecole View Post
    Hi. Thanks for response.

I have the first s16 working now. Channels 1-16 work fine.

However l am having problems with the second daisy-chained s16 (from b port on FIRST s16 to A port on second S16) which l would like to run channels 17-32 through. What should the settings be in the routing menu /s16 to facilitate this.
    Hi Colin,

There are three aspects of setting this up:

Physical Connections: Connect from AES50 port on X32 to AES50(A) input on first S16. Connect from AES50(B) port on first S16 to AES50(A) port on second S16.

Setting up X32:
    Look at the box on the upper right side of screen. All boxes here should be green, indicating sync. To change sync settings, go to the global page of the SETUP menu. I have had success using the "local" option, which makes the X32 the master. In this scenario, you will need to make sure your S16s are both set to external clock, described below.

Now, go to the home page of the ROUTING menu, choose AES50(A or B, depending on the port you are using on your X32) for all 32 inputs: Inputs 1-8 set to AES50(A or B) 1-8, Inputs 9-16 set to AES50(A or B) 9-16, and so on.

You should now be all set to control head amp gain from the X32 and use the S16 for inputs.

Setting up S16:
    The lights on the S16s are indicating what mode it is in. The table on page 19 of the Quick Start Guide explains what mode is indicated by which lights. Modes can change whether a unit is Master or Slave, What AES50 channels feed the ADAT, and other options. I had success slaving to the X32 on both boxes, which would be the first setting in this table.
    http://www.behringer.com/assets/S16_P0AJA_QSG_WW.pdf

I hope it helps!

Best
    Joe Sanborn
    Manager, Channel Marketing
    MUSIC Group
    BEHRINGER