You are here: Home » Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Channel Sends - MUTE functionality

Hello everybody.

This thread as well as others, also in other forums, suggests to allow changing the complete behaviour of the desk by using modes in the system setup. In this thread it is the behaviour of what has to be muted when pressing the mute button. Another request is to change the way a mutegroup works. And so on.
    I think as long as there is no really well designed user management which allows to save those preferences per user it is not a good idea to intoduce all the mode switches.
    This wiil cause more confusion for the operator because she has always to double check the current setting of the desk to avoid failures on operation.
    For me is is easier to know how one particular type of mixing desk differs form another because i can see at the first glance whether it is a x32 or another desk.
    Sometimes it is better to adopt the workflows of one user than to introduce alot of confusion for the rest of us.
    Just my opinion.
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus Mock View Post
    Hello everybody.

This thread as well as others, also in other forums, suggests to allow changing the complete behaviour of the desk by using modes in the system setup. In this thread it is the behaviour of what has to be muted when pressing the mute button. Another request is to change the way a mutegroup works. And so on.
    I think as long as there is no really well designed user management which allows to save those preferences per user it is not a good idea to intoduce all the mode switches.
    This wiil cause more confusion for the operator because she has always to double check the current setting of the desk to avoid failures on operation.
    For me is is easier to know how one particular type of mixing desk differs form another because i can see at the first glance whether it is a x32 or another desk.
    Sometimes it is better to adopt the workflows of one user than to introduce alot of confusion for the rest of us.
    Just my opinion.
    Regards
    I know what you mean, but then again shouldn't you check parameters anyway on a digital desk that is not your own just to see what you're monitoring, what your solo preferences are etc.? I would rather welcome an overview screen with all the console parameters listed (and maybe an extra one with all the channel/mixbus parameters), that would be awesome.

I agree with Jurgen.

We're in the age of smartphones, where customisation lets things work for you and not the other way around.

A simple quick overview screen is all that's needed ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12