You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB

Thread: DCX2496+DEQ2496 for Active System

DCX2496+DEQ2496 for Active System

Hi guys, my first post on this forum. I have both the DCX and the DEQ, and planning to use them together in a 2-way active system. The DCX will be used to set the crossover frequency and slope of the speakers with no EQ'ing. The DEQ, because of its RTA function, will be used to fine tune any frequency response deviations, as well as perform room corrections. Typically, I've used ARTA to measure the FR of the system in conjunction with the DCX, so the addition of the DEQ will be a first time event for me. Have any of you set it up this way? What are your recommendations? Thank you.
    Last edited by Hong Nguyen; 08-25-2014 at 01:30 PM.

Hi Hong,

Welcome to the forum. I've never used the DEQ but have been using the DCX, particularly the RTA function for years until recently when the X32 finally has RTA built in.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Vannatto View Post
    Hi Hong,

Welcome to the forum. I've never used the DEQ but have been using the DCX, particularly the RTA function for years until recently when the X32 finally has RTA built in.

Paul
    Thanks for your reply Paul. I don't believe the DCX2496 has any RTA functions. It has a port for a mic, but is used to set up delays, not for RTA purposes.

Sorry Hong, my goof. I got them backwards (posted in a hurry). You are correct. It is the DEQ2496 that I use.

Paul