You are here: Home » Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sync'ing an X32 and X32 Rack for Control of Additional Mic Pre's

Hey Leslie,

I haven't forgotten you. Still working on it (in between other things) and getting close to completing it. Unfortunately I have to take my mom to a family reunion gathering this morning/afternoon. I'll continue to work on it there when I get bored (which won't take much).

Paul

Hi Leslie,

Attached is my suggestion for a viable solution to your scenario. There are 4 text files explaining the inputs/outputs and routings. Again some assumptions have been made (did not know exactly how the inputs are setup). So if they are not correct, please say so and we can make corrections/refinements. If you want, I can setup a few snippets to automate these changes.

To make this all work at FOH, as you have indicated, the FOH engineer will need the X32 FOH (full console), a remote mixing surface (eg. laptop with X32-Edit) to mix X32 Rack local inputs for FOH, and a second remote mixing surface (eg. a second laptop, or a desktop with dual monitor, or tablet, etc.) to mix the monitor mixes (including IEMs, floor wedges) on the X32 Rack.

I've tried to document/explain everything as best as possible. If I've missed something, or something is unclear, please feel free to ask.

Paul
    Attached Files Attached Files

Good Morning! I've been away and haven't been here to read your reply... My apologies!

Thank you for this informative post! I haven't read all the files yet, but I'm sure the insight in them is rich. I'll be in front of the device later this evening, or tomorrow afternoon for sure, so I'll implement a number of the suggestions mentioned at that time. I'll follow-up with you concerning successes and failures as I experience them. The Rack still isn't here, though it finally shipped Monday of this week... That is the (hopefully) final component in this equation. Once it arrives, I'll be able to put most/all suggestions to use and give accurate accounting on functionality... and probably pose more questions on usage thereafter!

Thank you again! I look forward to implementing these options and IT JUST WORKING like it "thought" it would! I'll keep you posted...

Hi Leslie,

Glad to hear that this project is still active, and glad to hear the Rack finally shipped. Waiting to hear the results.

Paul

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123