You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Sync'ing an X32 and X32 Rack for Control of Additional Mic Pre's

Leslie, I sent you a PM

Paul

My church is looking at getting the x32 and the x32 rack. After reading the previous posts our situation is very similar to that described earlier. We need
    FOH x32 console
    24 mic inputs
    5 inputs (cd,mp3 etc)

x32 rack
    12 inputs (mics & instruments)
    2 outputs (from x32 FOH 1 for main mix and 1 for choir monitors)

One difference is that for IEM we are thinking about the P16 for individual on the fly adjustment of each channel on the rack If I am reading the earlier posts correctly all I would need to do is to route x32 rack output 09-10 ->Main l/r routed to FOH Aux in 1-2 via aes50 to get the mix from the x32 rack. Then we would need to plug in a cat5 cable from the P 16's into the AES50 port on the x32 rack.
    I do have one additional question about the use of the P 16's. We will need 6 - P 16 M's for musicians, can these be daisy chained together and still have individual mixes for each musician or do we need to get the P 16 D as a hub coming from the x32 rack?

Hi Jimmy,

Welcome to the forum. It sounds as though you are needing to do the same as Leslie's church in mixing more than the 32+6 input limits of the X32. If you consider the Rack as a submixer to the FOH, yes that routing will work (output 09-10 -> Main LR via AES50 to Aux In Remap 1-2. Since the Rack will have to be a submix, the trick will be having the right inputs at the Rack and at FOH in order to have the right ones available for the monitor mixes. So some compromises and creative routing will need to be developed. The other alternative would be switching various inputs in and out of the mix using scenes and/or snippets in order keep within the 32+6 input limitation (and the banks of 8).

Regarding the P16, these can be daisy-chained from one to the other. But doing so also requires each P16 to be powered by the included power adapters (wall-warts). The advantage of the P16D is that it also powers the P16-M via the cat5, eliminating the wall-warts. The latter is how we have our 6 P16s setup at our church. In fact we like our P16D so well, we just got a second one (we use floor pockets and the Ultranet are included in these, and we are adding more floor pockets).

One correction, the P16s are connected to the Ultranet port of the X32 (Rack or FOH), not the AES50.

Please understand that the same 16 channels go to each of the P16s, whether they are daisy chained or connected to the P16D.

Paul

Thank you for the prompt reply. The IEM's will be for the band on stage, so they will come straight off of the x32 rack using those inputs. The outputs on the x32 rack 1 - will have the full FOH mains mix the other will be for the choir ( normally the preachers wireless, pulpit, lectern. and piano, plus others as needed) I don't see a major issue with either one of the routing to get to these 2 outputs.

I later realized that I meant to say the Ultranet port instead of the AES50. We are using Aviom units for IEM now, do you know if the Aviom would work with the x32 rack using the Ultranet port?

I am doing the same thing now by doing a sub mix from a 16 channel mackie into the Allen & Heath FOH console. The only real problem is that I have to get the band zeroed in before the service starts and hope they sing and play at the same levels as they did in practice as I am the only one running sound and can't get to the mackie during the service to make adjustments.

Hi Jimmy, no the Aviom will not work on the Ultranet bus.

Regarding the routing, the key thing that I see is to make sure those inputs that the musicians will want in their IEM will be primarily on the X32 Rack, since that is the Ultranet port you will be using. There are ways to route inputs from FOH console back to the Rack. But there are limitations.

I just setup my 2 Racks for a church movie night (tonight and Sunday afternoon - October Child) in their auditorium. The Racks are configured for true 5.1 surround - something I've never done before and it seems to be doing a great job - will know after tonight of course.

Paul

Again thank you for the quick response. I will pass this information along to the A/V coordinator and should be making a decision shortly about the purchase of this system. One other question, would I need to run another cat5 cable for an internet connection or would this be accomplished by the cat5 from the x32 FOH to the x32 rack.

Thank you

Jimmy Lane
    Last edited by Jimmy Lane; 10-30-2014 at 06:13 PM.

If your aviom is dante enabled then you can buy the optional x-dante card for the x32 and feed the aviom system that way...

You'd require an extra network cable for your internet. The cable between the x32's will only carry audio information.
    Last edited by Robert Lofgren; 10-30-2014 at 10:15 PM.
    x32, x32-rack, s16, p16, iNuke 6000dsp, deq2496, dxc2496, src2496, misc other behringer gear, StudioLive 24, StudioOne Pro, Cubase 4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, Reaper 4

Robert

Thank you for the reply, I will have to see if our Aviom is dante enabled. This forum is great, if you search enough and ask questions you can get answers to any of your questions.

Thank you

Jimmy Lane

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Lane View Post
    This forum is great, if you search enough and ask questions you can get answers to any of your questions.
    I already know that the answer is 42. But what was the original question?
    x32, x32-rack, s16, p16, iNuke 6000dsp, deq2496, dxc2496, src2496, misc other behringer gear, StudioLive 24, StudioOne Pro, Cubase 4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, Reaper 4

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456