You are here: Home » Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to connect multiple x32 edits from different pcs to the x32

Is it possible to connect multiple x32 edits from different pcs to the x32

I would like to know if it is possible to get multiple x32 edits connected to the x32 at the same time, with out one or the other needing to be off.

It was at some point mentioned that the X.32 can handle up to 5 clients that all subscribe to event. I.e. they are receiving updates whenever something is changed. It was suggested that this limit might change, but I haven't tested with that many clients on a X32 running recent firmware. What happens when you cross the limit is that the first that got connected stops receiving updates. 3 or 4 simultaneous clients (X32-edit, mixing-station etc.) is no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Per Heldal View Post
    It was at some point mentioned that the X.32 can handle up to 5 clients that all subscribe to event. I.e. they are receiving updates whenever something is changed. It was suggested that this limit might change, but I haven't tested with that many clients on a X32 running recent firmware. What happens when you cross the limit is that the first that got connected stops receiving updates. 3 or 4 simultaneous clients (X32-edit, mixing-station etc.) is no problem.
    I can confirm three X32-Edit ( Mac 10.6.8 ) working with the X32Core...see my signature, that are two at FOH and one is on stage...( no pic ) but this means 1 LAN cable between stage and FOH, plus the AES50 cable...
    I stopped with wireless... except an Android tablet via VPN on the monitor/stage X32-Edit client to walk around the stage...

Hope we get an update that solves the 'EQ band 1 reset' bug soon

Best

Klaus

Ok So I was not crazy after reading the manual that said you could have at least four at the same time. Last Saturday I was trying to get both my desktop pc (connected via wifi adapter), my lenevo T510, and the mixing stating app on my Samsung s3 to work together. I've had all three working at different times, but can't seem to get all them or at least the two with the axe edit to connect to the x32 rack at the same time. I'm currently using a old wrt-54g router, DDWRT firm ware installed.

I currently have my desktop set up with the wireless adapter connecting to the router, and then the network cable is bringing in internet, and transfers from a HP Switch, that is upstairs. My laptop is trying to connect via wireless as well. So is there like any good easy to understand directions on what you need to do to get a router set up to allow multiple simultaneous connections to the x32 rack.

i'v run my wrt54g a number of different ways and had good luck with all

currently i'm back to "normal" broadcast id using wpa2

i have the router limited to 5 connections
    [not bothering with mac addressing... ]
    and all router assigned IP.

all set in a range of my my network address

i'v had 3 PC's [one is a atom netbook] and 2 android tablets
    running both X32's on my network

if i use the desk for FOH and the core
    for monitors i can run 2 instances of xedit
    on one PC and connect to both mixers at once

it get's like a circus act trying to keep it all in a row...
    but it can be done

fwiw

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus Roethlisberger View Post
    Hope we get an update that solves the 'EQ band 1 reset' bug soon
    +1 yes, this should be flagged pretty high. It is so critical, yet should be fairly easy to fix, so I'm disappointed that there isn't a fix yet. A week or two should be more than enough to get the job done.

Dhcp or static for your wrt54g?

Quote Originally Posted by mike horn View Post
    i'v run my wrt54g a number of different ways and had good luck with all

currently i'm back to "normal" broadcast id using wpa2

i have the router limited to 5 connections
    [not bothering with mac addressing... ]
    and all router assigned IP.

all set in a range of my my network address

i'v had 3 PC's [one is a atom netbook] and 2 android tablets
    running both X32's on my network

if i use the desk for FOH and the core
    for monitors i can run 2 instances of xedit
    on one PC and connect to both mixers at once

it get's like a circus act trying to keep it all in a row...
    but it can be done

fwiw
    Mike are you running the stock firmware, or have you got a DDwrt version like did? I upgraded my cause it was suppose to allow me to static dhcp the router, which I don't think the normal firmware can. I never did figure out the static dhcp. I could be wrong though. I'm not a network guru, and just usually fumble through getting them to work
    Sure would be nice if router companies would use the same terminology, in the router settings argh!!!

I'm wondering I haven't seen any where in the x32 where you can input a wpa2 passcode? I was considering just using a mac address block to keep anyone else from getting on easily. When you say "mac addressing" do you mean blocking all other mac addresses? If this is the case why not do it?

Are you using the x32 rack as a snake connected to the x32 desk, or do you just keep them separate, and control them via pc with two x32 edits. I was wondering if a x32 rack connected via snake would give you more then 16 ins, and 8 outs that the normal s16 gives?

Anyone got things i should do to my wrt 54g's setings to get multiple pc's linked together?

Quote Originally Posted by Per Heldal View Post
    +1 yes, this should be flagged pretty high. It is so critical, yet should be fairly easy to fix, so I'm disappointed that there isn't a fix yet. A week or two should be more than enough to get the job done.
    I can imagine they do more than just 1 fix on an update...

Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by jeff scott View Post
    I'm wondering I haven't seen any where in the x32 where you can input a wpa2 passcode?
    The x32 doesn't have any wireless capabilities of its own so there is no provision for such authentication for obvious reasons.

This may change with x-air. I'm thinking that x-air includes a wifi-dongle option for our x32’s, just like the new presonus ai-mixers have, so no wifi-router would be needed.
    x32, x32-rack, s16, p16, iNuke 6000dsp, deq2496, dxc2496, src2496, misc other behringer gear, StudioLive 24, StudioOne Pro, Cubase 4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, Reaper 4

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus Roethlisberger View Post
    I can imagine they do more than just 1 fix on an update...

Klaus
    Me too, but prioritisation is important in my world of sw-development. A bug like this that cause immediate and nearly unavoidable problems in this way should have a lot higher priority than most others. The task of fixing a trivial bug and distribute an update covering nothing else than that actual bug should be possible within hours given proper source revision-control. Anything more than a week is miserable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast