You are here: Home » Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Behringer X-Dante Card and Bose PM8500 Dante Network Card

Behringer X-Dante Card and Bose PM8500 Dante Network Card

I'm wanting to digitally send my main output signal into my Bose PM 8500 Amp (which I can purchase a Dante network card) instead of using analog connections through my S16 stage box to my amp. I'm not exactly sure if the X-Dante card for my X32 does this kind of thing? Or is it mainly for recording?

You can route however you want e.g. Out1-8/9-16 to the dante network.
    x32, x32-rack, s16, p16, iNuke 6000dsp, deq2496, dxc2496, src2496, misc other behringer gear, StudioLive 24, StudioOne Pro, Cubase 4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, Reaper 4

Does this change anything about how my current inputs are connected to my 2 s16 boxes? ...as well as my behringer personal monitoring setup? Not sure about how the AES50 and dante card work together?

Super Moderator
    Dear Greg,
    The output routing for the card slot is independent of the output routing for the AES50 ports, so using a X-DANTE card to send outputs to your amp (or any Dante device) will not affect your other outputs. As Robert said, you would simply also route the "Out 1-8" / "Out 9-16" to the card outputs in addition to the AES50 outputs.
    Best,
    John DiNicola
    Manager, Channel Marketing
    MUSIC Group
    BEHRINGER

Ok...thanks for your help!

Bose rep installed their Dante card and set their signal to digital but no go on any sound. I can see network light activity on both the x32 and Bose pm8500 amp. He wasn't familiar at all with the card but thought I needed a switch or router for it to work? Is that true? Also, on my outs on the expansion card...is it out 1-8/9-16 or card out 1-8/9-16? Right now we have 15 and 16 as outs to the amp analog set up. Thanks for any help.

What about the dante configuration tool? How is that matrix setup?

Card should be setup to out1-8 and out9-16 for your mixbusses to be available on the dante network.
    x32, x32-rack, s16, p16, iNuke 6000dsp, deq2496, dxc2496, src2496, misc other behringer gear, StudioLive 24, StudioOne Pro, Cubase 4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, Reaper 4

So I would need to be on a switch or network to see both of the Dante cards? Also, do I use the free Dante software or do I need to purchase one? They seem to have 2 different software. Not sure how to set up the matrix, so any help there would be appreciated.

The free dante software is used to configure dante routing for all attached devices. There is no default routing in dante enabled devices...

You should be able to connect two devices directly without a switch but you need the switch while configuring your devices. You might get away from the switch for configuration if you connect your computer to the secondary port. I've not tested this myself...

You can not use wifi to control the dante network. It must be a wired network.

The routing matrix in the software is pretty much wysiwyg but you can ask if you get stuck. There are some nice instructional videos on youtube as well made by audinate.

Some observations and questions. I have connected the X32 and Bose PM 8500 through a switch so they can communicate with each other over the network, and both do show up in the Dante software. As I stated earlier, I'm trying to send our main and sub sends from my Dante card on my X32 to the Dante card on my Bose PM8500 Amp. As I look at the X32 it seems on the setup screen I need to use the Dante card instead of local. My sample setting is 44.1K so I assume when I open the Dante software I need to make the sample rate the same? Both of the cards show up but I'm at a loss for how to route the signal from the X32 to the Bose Amp. Looked at youtube and they have other manufacture examples but no X32 examples. Even the X32 introduction and example connections to the different cards on youtube doesn't answer my specific question as how to route the LR main and sub signal to the Bose amp. Any more help is appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast