You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Problem with V-Ampire LX112

  1. #1

    Problem with V-Ampire LX112

    I have a LX112 that I received for Christmas back in 2006. It's been working great until 2011, and I've been trying to figure out what went wrong. What it does is when you turn it on it gives out a code 51 and it goes to the first setting. You cannot access any of the presets at all. It gives you the preset numbers, but the sound does not change. I've been on Behringer's support crew on the phone, but no one knows what code 51 means. In the meantime, I've changed the battery for the memory, but no change. Then I decided to try a factory reset. That works. The problem is, you have to do a factory reset every time. It still gives me code 51. So I've been doing a reset every time, and of course, I lose any and all of my own presets. If anyone can help that would be great! I love this amp and I've been using it on stage as well as in the studio. I really don't want to send it anywhere. I know it's out of warranty. But I can do the work myself, and I'll take responsibility for what happens. I just need a direction to go. I really think it's in the memory system and battery area, but I'm not sure. Sorry this post is so long, I just wanted to give you as much info as I can. Thank you.....

  2. #2
    Super User Paul Vannatto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SW Ontario Canada
    Posts
    4,336
    Hi Wade,

    Welcome to the forum. I have no experience with this amp, but did noticed on the LX112 product page in the download section a firmware update. Have you tried that? It does require replacing the existing eprom.

    Paul

  3. #3
    Thank you for the welcome and quick reply Paul! I've tried the firmware update, but no luck....Maybe the update wasn't successful, I will try it again and keep you posted...Thank you again.....

  4. #4
    Paul, new update...after closer inspection on the EPROM chip, I noticed a small crack on the outer edge next to the lower pins. Either I must have cracked the chip on installation or something else happened. This something else that did happen (after some interrogation of my 10 year old son), he told me at the time I was replacing the EPROM (some 4 months ago), that he dropped something on the uncovered board, that something was an empty glass cup, a heavy glass cup! MY FAULT ENTIRELY!!!!! I was wondering if you give me some info on how much and where I can order this chip with the update on it. I can't find my info on the last chip....It was actually given to me from a friend of mine who had the same amp that came out of his pickup truck and blew to pieces on the highway and he managed to salvage the head.....thank you again.....

  5. #5
    Super User Paul Vannatto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SW Ontario Canada
    Posts
    4,336
    Hi Wade, funny how things come to light... The only eprom I ever changed was in my first Ultracurve. I was able to find someone on ebay that burnt it and had it available for a reasonable cost. You could try ebay.

    Paul

  6. #6
    Actually funny and heart breaking at the same time!!!!! Thanks for everything...ebay is my next stop.....

  7. #7
    Super User Paul Vannatto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SW Ontario Canada
    Posts
    4,336
    Best of luck Wade

    Paul

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •