You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How can the Headamp Gain be loaded from the Preset Library ?

Yes Paul when the Full console is routed to get inputs from the S16's we have the same issues with not being able to get the HeadAmp Gains copied or loaded from the library.

John

Hey John,

I'm at the church with the full console and 2 S16 connected. I'm having absolutely no problems transferring the headamp info when copy/pasting the channel from one to another. So far I still haven't found what would inhibit this.

Try initializing the console, setup a channel and see if the headamps will transfer. If so, there is something in the scene file that is making it not happen.

Paul

I'm wondering, in the earlier versions of X-Edit, there were virtual devices you could select, and using these virtual devices, you had headamp control in the programming. I can't find it in the current X-Edit, and am unable to get headamp control working in the show preprogramming.
    There is probably a connection between these issues, or something has just completely slipped my memory (has been know to happen at a higher rate than clock sync loss with cheapo CAT5).
    Is the disappearance of virtual devices a bug that has been discussed?

Hi, I have the old Xcontrol version available ans the Headamp gains did not seem to copy there either. There is something really inconsistent with the implementation of the Library when the data that is actually stored to be loaded does not function.

At one time I asked ( on a webinar) about the Virtual devices and was told that they weren't there because the routing was there and that they were not needed. However in the new software the X32 Console shows up and has the pre-amps (Headamps) highlighted whereas the S16's do not show and the pre-amps remain grey even if the Gain show s up. I hope that Behringer does address this since a full channel set of presettings would be much better with the Core and S16's.

I am going to try these functions again with the S16's fully connected on Friday, with the two scenarios using X32-edit and our core as well as using the Console to do the copy with the S16's. This could just be a problem with the X32-edit as Per is suggesting since I was doing the Copy paste using X32Edit with our Core. If this is the case maybe someone from Behringer could answer.

But why would anyone want to load gain settings from the library anyway? I agree that it wouldn't be daft to load an approximate setting in some situations, but I think we had a general consensus a while back that gain and phantom was something you set for each physical input and not a setting you move around copying channels, presets etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Per Sovik View Post
    But why would anyone want to load gain settings from the library anyway? I agree that it wouldn't be daft to load an approximate setting in some situations, but I think we had a general consensus a while back that gain and phantom was something you set for each physical input and not a setting you move around copying channels, presets etc.
    Hi Per, Well our group has 2 purposes. One is to provide entertainment for retirement homes and Seniors in our local area. We are all Seniors ourselves and this is a purely volunteer group.

The second and most important is to act as a Drop-in Seniors group playing 1950's and 60's Rock and Roll, Pop and Country tunes. Since we are drop in we often have folks who come infrequently. We actually have more people and equipment than we have for our Mixer (32 input ports). To provide this, we set up in as short as time as possible on our Tuesday Morning sessions. What has happened is that we initially configured fixed positions in the mixer for specific people and their instruments, taking our time to set up their individual gains, Compression and EQ. When someone other than the initial drop-in folks arrive we have to designate them input ports that are configured for someone else. The Mixing crew then have to individually adjust them. This takes valuable time away from out allotted time to practice/jam. So if we could store al the settings for an individual in the Library of Presets (including the Scribble script and Gains etc.) the we can just load them into the designated Channel and Input port for the session, Thus saving a lot of time and confusion (Now the sound technicians just have to remember that Bob is really Don etc..)
    As you are probably very aware musicians are very anxious to get playing and have little patience for the setup so they seldom get time to make the changes needed to make this work properly.

I hope that this explains our reasoning. Not being professional we seldom have more than 1 hour to set up even in the retirement homes. Automation is our friend.

Per I reread your post, It is likely that in a professional situation that Gain etc is setup for musical input , you are right when you use the Presets as a generic instrument. We actually want the Preset to be by Person and their specific instrument. So we only have to set up basic gain and Compression etc once for that specific person. This is of course only practical when you have taken the time before the gig or practice to set them up.

Hope this shows a different mindset in the use of this very flexible equipment. John

OK, here is what I suggest you do:

Use a general gain setting on the S16s, +27.5 should cover most things except the really loud ones. Then you use the trim on the channel to get the gain you want before saving the preset, and it should all be good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12