You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can the Headamp Gain be loaded from the Preset Library ?

How can the Headamp Gain be loaded from the Preset Library ?

We have a core and 2 s16 snakes and use the snakes daisy chained from the AES50 A

When we save a channel to the Preset Library and try to load it on a different Channel everything seems to be able to be loaded except the Headamp Gain. Looking at the .chn file I can see near the end the Gain setting value. So the information is stored in the .chn file. When you look at the Library preset icons there is a triangle identifying the Preamp gain but it is always greyed out.

This same effect happens even when we copy one Channel to another.

What we would like to have is the preset contain everything we need to place a pre-configured instrument or voice in the convenient Channel of our choice when setting up for a gig or one of our drop-in sessions.. Understandably we would need to designate the specific source pre-amp (Headamp) since these must be pointed to a channel as it’s source in it’s config tab.

So far we have had to manually document the gains and then manually correct them after the channel is setup.
    Can anyone help ?

Hi John,

I just tried saving a channel preset using X32-Edit (v 2.2), then loading that preset on another channel and the headamp setting was transferred. The headamp checkbox was not greyed out though. I wonder what the difference is with your setup. What I can do when I get a chance is to setup my 2 Racks and try it again. Are you using the X32-Edit or X32-Mix?

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Vannatto View Post
    Hi John,

I just tried saving a channel preset using X32-Edit (v 2.2), then loading that preset on another channel and the headamp setting was transferred. The headamp checkbox was not greyed out though. I wonder what the difference is with your setup. What I can do when I get a chance is to setup my 2 Racks and try it again. Are you using the X32-Edit or X32-Mix?

Paul
    We are using the X32-Edit 2.2 But with the 2 snakes tied through the Core. using AES50 to connect.

I did not see any difference using the Console, still with the 2 S16 snakes. Have not tried this yet just using the X32 Console. So It may be related to the remote snakes. I'll try connecting next time.With X32 Edit it makes no difference the Headamp triangle remains greyed out when I save a channel.
    I can send you the scene where I tried to take this from.

Quote Originally Posted by John Nourse View Post
    We are using the X32-Edit 2.2 But with the 2 snakes tied through the Core. using AES50 to connect.

I did not see any difference using the Console, still with the 2 S16 snakes. Have not tried this yet just using the X32 Console. So It may be related to the remote snakes. I'll try connecting next time.With X32 Edit it makes no difference the Headamp triangle remains greyed out when I save a channel.
    I can send you the scene where I tried to take this from.
    Sorry if this is to obvious...
    - select channel
    - press > home
    - press > utility

copy / paste / save as you like

At least that's how it works in X32-Edit 2.2

Best

Klaus

This could be BUG !!!

This is an interesting phenomenon. Since I got nowhere with our existing configuration Core and S16's connected using the AES50 A channel. I decised to completely reinitialize X32 Edit and try again. In it's initial configuration it assumes that you are doing everything with the X32 Console in a stand alone mode. So when I tried Copy Paste it did work to copy the Headamps properly, when I Saved the configuration to the Library, the triangle indicating the Head Amp Gain was stored did not appear (still greyed out) but it did load into a new Channel.
    However when I changed to using the ASE50 A and routed it to the appropriate inputs. The Gains were ignored and not copied or able to be loaded. I believe that this must be a BUG since it makes the Library much less effective and defeats it's purpose. I just Hope that Snippets can replace this for us. We'll have to see when we try them out.

John
    Last edited by John Nourse; 08-02-2014 at 04:57 PM.

John, check your HA Remote settings (Setup, preamp - HA Remote at bottom right corner). To control the Headamps, make sure both AES50 Port A and AES50 Port B are unchecked. If one of them are selected it means you have given control of the headamps to whatever is connected to your AES50-A or B.

If this is the case, it is not a bug, but a feature.

Paul

Thanks Paul. We must use the AES50 Port A to get any Headamps at all !!! if I do not check at least one box then I cannot connect my Home-->config(tab) source to the S16's They are just not available as selectable sources. So I think that Behringer has not integrated their software to cover the necessary operation of the core. The core contains no Headamps so must use the S16's for them. The odd thing is the .chn files from the library actually contain the Headamp gain values, so there must be an intent to be able to use them.
    There are no separate controls that we can use and as you know we have been working for over a year now with S16's they were never copyable. To me this is a MAJOR design flaw in an integrated system( Core) that requires S16's to operate. I see it as a bug and really no feature at all.

John

Hey John, I think you misunderstand the HA Remote feature. You are correct that you have to connect the Core to an S16 via AES50 (A or B) in order to have any headamps. But the HA Remote feature (AES50 Port A and AES50 Port B) must be unselected on the Core in order for you to control those S16 headamps. Just humour me and make sure both are unselected and try it.

Paul

Yes Paul I am doing all of this only with X32-edit. I did try unchecking all of the HA remote feature(s) but still to no avail. I get your comment that the HA Remote could have the same effect, but the problem exists with or without HA remote checking. With the routing for inputs to the AES50 A, the source is available then but if you do a save and load ( or Copy-Paste) to a different channel the source for the new channel is not changed ( as I expect) but the the gain is not copied. Of course if you are using the Console only (source type In01-In32) the copy-paste or the Save Load of Preset works. So the only solution to this is a manual entry of the Gain and this defeats the purpose of the Library at least for this particular setting. I am hoping that someone from Behringer will weigh in on this.

John

Thanks John. I'll have to do some playing around with my 2 Racks setup similar to what you have with the Core and S16 in order to see it. I have tomorrow off and might have sometime to play. Do you have the same problem with the full console and S16?

Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast