You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB

Thread: X1832USB "tap" button?

X1832USB "tap" button?

Seems to be a lot of mystery around this button and the control it has over the effects on my 1832 mixer. Can anyone explain how to actually use this thing and also give a practical example of when it would be used? Seems to bring up some bizarre LED indications that I just do not understand. I like to use effect #15 in which case the led by the tap button is flashing indicating it is engaged but what do I do with it??

Thanks a lot, I continue my quest to master this board!

Troy

You tap it in tempo with the music to set delay time on the effect. Depending on what effect you are using, it will do slightly different things, like control the speed of the flanger etc. you just have to experiment.
    Basically, the time between two taps will be the time it sets for your delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Per Sovik View Post
    You tap it in tempo with the music to set delay time on the effect. Depending on what effect you are using, it will do slightly different things, like control the speed of the flanger etc. you just have to experiment.
    Basically, the time between two taps will be the time it sets for your delay.
    Thanks Per, I have A LOT to learn about effects. I guess I know HOW to run the tap button now. I just don't understand what delay even does, or what a flanger is. I know they are effects, and I know turning the knob makes the voice sound different etc. Do you know of any good material a novice could read to help to educate himself in the fine art of effects???

Thanks again!