You are here: Home » Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: X32 is impressive. 1 problem, cannot run +5dbv input signal without distortion...

Sweet, thats great news! So the trim doesn't color the sound the way the preamp might. Thanks Much!! that eases my mind

This is probably not possible, but figured I'd ask. Is there a way to route the outputs of the midas preamps seperate from the internal AD of the x32? I was wanting to try the midas pre's through an apogee converter and compare the difference between the AD of the x32 and the AD of the apogee.......

I don't believe so. But Robert would be the best one to answer that, since he understands the circuitry better than I do.

Paul

Short of cracking the case and tying into the board, there's no way to get the signal pre-converter out of an X32. All inputs head directly to an AD stage and then route digitally to somewhere else. There are no analog inserts or anything that maintains a fully analog path on the desk.

Quote Originally Posted by George Dougherty View Post
    Short of cracking the case and tying into the board, there's no way to get the signal pre-converter out of an X32. All inputs head directly to an AD stage and then route digitally to somewhere else. There are no analog inserts or anything that maintains a fully analog path on the desk.
    ^
    What he said.
    x32, x32-rack, s16, p16, iNuke 6000dsp, deq2496, dxc2496, src2496, misc other behringer gear, StudioLive 24, StudioOne Pro, Cubase 4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, Reaper 4

I'd think that the quality loss in the ADAT interface would negate the sonic advantages (if they exist) of your preamps and converters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Padrick View Post
    I'd think that the quality loss in the ADAT interface would negate the sonic advantages (if they exist) of your preamps and converters.
    Where would there be a quality loss? If you had a high quality preamp/converter set, feeding 8 channels in via ADAT should be transparent in terms of quality. Or am I not understanding the signal flow you're imagining?

I'm speaking of ADAT in general. The hardware has to change electrons into light blinks and vice-versa. Plenty of loss there IME.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Padrick View Post
    I'm speaking of ADAT in general. The hardware has to change electrons into light blinks and vice-versa. Plenty of loss there IME.
    But light is emitting electrons
    x32, x32-rack, s16, p16, iNuke 6000dsp, deq2496, dxc2496, src2496, misc other behringer gear, StudioLive 24, StudioOne Pro, Cubase 4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, Reaper 4

No losses whatsoever in changing digital ones and noughts into LED light flashes. You don't even have to have your optical cable plugged fully into it's socket for it to still work flawlessly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast