You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I use just one s 16?

Can I use just one s 16?

Hello everybody. I apologize if this is a stupid question,but I remember (vaguely) reading something about having to use 2 S 16 snakes when using an x32 or a Core,but I have read some forums recently in which users say that they are only using one snake. We are using an x32 with 2 snakes at the moment,but we are thinking of actually putting together a smaller rig which would consist of one Core and one S-16. Is that a possible setup?

Thanks for the replies.

Rik

Hi Rik,

Yes of course that is possible. Why would you need 2 snakes to use 2 S16's? It is possible to connect up to 3 S16's together and use only one cat5e to the X32 (doesn't matter which model).

Paul

To really answer your question, you can use any number of S16's with any of the X32 mix devices. 1 at minimum, 3 at most on a single AES50 port. Up to 6 S16's connected to a single X32 mix device via AES50-A and B

In 1.15, if you wanted control of the mic pres out front you had to use 2 cables, is that what you were refering.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Adams View Post
    In 1.15, if you wanted control of the mic pres out front you had to use 2 cables, is that what you were refering.
    Yes,I believe that is what I was recalling.

Okay,thanks again for the support.

Rik

unless you need a core/s16 configuration for some reason
    or you are using one of your existing s16's
    it would be cheaper to buy a rack
    and you have more I/O in the same space...

fwiw

Quote Originally Posted by mike horn View Post
    unless you need a core/s16 configuration for some reason
    or you are using one of your existing s16's
    it would be cheaper to buy a rack
    and you have more I/O in the same space...

fwiw
    And a backup console just in case.

I agree with Mike and Glenn, Rik. Seriously consider getting a Rack instead. But I would suggest you get one quickly, since they seem to be in stock at the moment (Sweetwater and Full Compass) - they may not be there tomorrow. The advantages of a Rack far outweigh the Core/S16 combo.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Vannatto View Post
    I agree with Mike and Glenn, Rik. Seriously consider getting a Rack instead. But I would suggest you get one quickly, since they seem to be in stock at the moment (Sweetwater and Full Compass) - they may not be there tomorrow. The advantages of a Rack far outweigh the Core/S16 combo.

Paul
    Thanks for the advice everybody,but that is exactly what we are tryng to do. We are considering going to a Core/s 16setup and keeping the x32 in the truck in case we need a backup. We are considering changing some stage stuff to minimize the number of I/O we need,so that we can have a very small rack with IEM and the Core system for some good paying yet SMALL venues. It seems to make sense to us since we already have two snakes.

Thanks again for the help.

Rik

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Adams View Post
    Glenn, don't we still need to run 2 Cat5e snakes with 2.06 to have control of the mic pres at FOH? In my current config using an X32-Full, an X32-Rack, and a single s16 (with the X32-Rack as channels 17-32) I had to run two snakes to FOH to get control of mic pres there. Behringer support also told me I would still have to run a 2nd snake in v.2.06. Is that correct? Your reference to v1.15 has me a bit confused.

Thanks in advance . . .

(Btw, still waiting for a 2nd S16--back ordered--but the intent is to have the S16s for analog stage inputs 1-32 w/ X32-Rack connected to analog stage inputs 33-48. The "analog stage inputs" refer to a 48x24 stage snake system for wiring our stages.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast