You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB

Thread: Dcx2496

Dcx2496

I've owned two of these over the years.

They tended to be a touch hissy on the output side and I had multiple output channels go bad.

With the improvements claimed by Behringer to QC in the recent years, have those impacted products other than the X32 family?

Wondering if the DCX2496 is worth trying in the rack again since it has all the input and output flexibility I want, just not so happy having mothballed two of the units previously.

There is a new version called dcx2496LE. They are probably built with newer/better components and in the new factory.

As far as I understand the only thing missing is the digital input...

I have two of the dcx2496 and they have had no issues during the one year I've owned them. I don't know when they are built though.
    x32, x32-rack, s16, p16, iNuke 6000dsp, deq2496, dxc2496, src2496, misc other behringer gear, StudioLive 24, StudioOne Pro, Cubase 4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, Reaper 4

LE also drops the third input which I want for aux fed subs. That's one of the killer features of the DCX vs anything else new in its competition.

Quote Originally Posted by George Dougherty View Post
    LE also drops the third input which I want for aux fed subs. That's one of the killer features of the DCX vs anything else new in its competition.
    I didn't know that the analog C input was removed. I only thought that they removed the digital input.

That's too bad...
    x32, x32-rack, s16, p16, iNuke 6000dsp, deq2496, dxc2496, src2496, misc other behringer gear, StudioLive 24, StudioOne Pro, Cubase 4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, Reaper 4

Yes, but the DCX2496 is still available although a number of vendors show them as "back-ordered"

Yeah, the literature shows it as 2/6 rather than 3/6. Really, the DCX2496 is so cheap I don't know why you'd bother with the LE unless you maybe just needed something to do crossover and processing of passive biamped monitors or something like that.