You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: What sound card does the X32 come with?

What sound card does the X32 come with?

Hello Everyone
    I was literally two clicks away from buying the X32 from an online music shop that I always buy my stuff from. However I came to a halt when I looked at the pictures and saw that the X32 they feature on their product page shows an XUSB card on the back.

I have been looking at some of the webinars and tutorials on the X32 in my spare time for a while now and I seemed to recall that the X32 comes with the XUF card, in fact, the following youtube link at minute 7:48 gets a close-up of the XUF card and says that this is the card the X32 ships with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmeybojGymk

Whereas the picture on the Thomann website, which is where I was about to purchase the X32 one minute ago shows the attached picture with an XUSB card.

I don't know if this makes a difference to the performance of the mixer for studio application (which is what I need) or to the price…but this website shows this product essentially cheaper than others I have looked at. I looked on other closely priced websites and they don't seem to specify the card or show pictures of it.

Can anyone clear this issue for me please…I'm a little disappointed that I have to wait for this when I could have been celebrating my new purchase….

Oh well…I'm choosing to take it lightheartedly

Thanks
    Ivan
    Attached Images Attached Images

in the past the x32 came with the xuf card but now is the xusb

When you connect a PC to the USB input of the x, for example you want to play interval music with iTunes or similar, is it easy enough to assign the L R audio to a pair of input channels?

Also if you use a playback program that allows multiple instances like Winamp, is there any option on the internal sound card of the x to assign the first player to ch 1 and 2 and the other to let's say 3 and 4.

Cheers

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cazar View Post
    Whereas the picture on the Thomann website, which is where I was about to purchase the X32 one minute ago shows the attached picture with an XUSB card.
    Pictures don't really mean a thing, as they are usually advertising media which sometimes can be quite old. Unless the website is showing you a picture of the actual x32 they have in stock, then what you see is what you get. There is still lots of old stock floating around so you might get an xuf card. My local store just received a new one with an xuf card even though they were discontinued a while ago. Honestly, unless you really need firewire, I wouldn't worry about it.
    If you have nothing to do, don't do it here.

Hi guys

I can't imagine the sound card will support a double deck DJ program to allow two stereo pairs, but. If you plug a laptop in to the USB, can you feed this input to a pair of channels?

Cheers
    Kev

Quote Originally Posted by kev tyler View Post
    Hi guys

I can't imagine the sound card will support a double deck DJ program to allow two stereo pairs, but. If you plug a laptop in to the USB, can you feed this input to a pair of channels?

Cheers
    Kev
    Kev,

I haven't tried it to see if it works with my X, but I have a double deck program called "MIXXX" that allows each deck to output to a different destination. For instance Deck1 - xuf 1,2 Deck2 - xuf 3,4 Master - xuf 5,6 .
    If you have nothing to do, don't do it here.

Cheers rob

Thanks mate

Kev