You are here: Home » Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scene Parser - a New Snippet Tool

Super User
    Just an update, I worked on this bug until about 3:30am - ended up rebuilding the gui from scratch, then transferring the underlying code section by section (and testing each step). The find/replace editor clear bug is gone. But I've also discovered that the replace all function does not work correctly - only replaces one instance.

So I'm going to make my own replace - with a twist. The plan is to add the ability to specify a prefix and/or suffix and a numeric range of both find and replace. With this we will now be able to do numerical sequence changes. For instance - change all channels 01-16 to 17-32 (all 486 lines) in one simple step, then save the results as a snippet to be imported back into the X32.

I've also come across some freeware code for regular expressions. Those of you who have experience with this, would that have any value to add to this app?

The updated version should be available shortly (just have do a bit of cleanup first).

Paul

Paul,

Thanks! Cool, will try this new version.
    Regular expressions: yes usefull of course, but I hope it's not a full stack with too many options and tricks noone can remember.

-Patrick

Hi Paul. Don't know how you find time to do the day job.

Super User
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick-Gilles Maillot View Post
    Paul,

Thanks! Cool, will try this new version.
    Regular expressions: yes usefull of course, but I hope it's not a full stack with too many options and tricks noone can remember.

-Patrick
    Thanks for the feedback Patrick. Unfortunately, while I was cleaning things up and moving a few components around in the gui last night, all of a sudden the bug was back. So I'm going to have to do a rethink on how I'm doing it (and do some more testing).

Yes I promise to keep everything simple. The nice thing about regular expressions is that they can be made available with a simple checkbox or left completely out of the way. Notepad++ has this feature in their find/replace. I also thought about creating a plugin for Notepad++, since there is an SDK available for Lazarus.

I do want to make the replace range feature, as I mentioned above (eg. changing ch 1-8 to , since that would help many of us to move channels, mixbuses, etc. around hopefully easier than in the X32 with the current firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard YClark
    Hi Paul. Don't know how you find time to do the day job.
    Actually the day job is fine. But my wife was questioning me last night on my after hours activities. I guess I have to take everything in perspective. After 35 years of marital bliss, I better keep it that way. Fortunately, she puts up with a lot

Paul

Hello Paul,

I lost the post I made yesterday. dunno how, but it sure did not appear on the forum, so here goes again...

I used the tool to isolate the Oscillator section, and I believe there an option to make it faster/easier and more in line with your interface.

To isolate the "Oscillator", one have to select snippet and unselect a bunch of checboxes. It would be much better if there was a "System Config" option to choose, followed by a single checkbox ("Oscillator") to check.

In your source code (I'm not a Pascal/Lazarus programmer), looks like this could be achieved in changing two blocks of program, adding (around line 590 in unit1.pas) a block similar to the other ones but for"SystemParse"; you'd have to change the case numbers too. Also, around line 698, add again a block similar to the other ones, but with "CheckGroup1.Enabled := True;" and all others to "False".

I don't know if this would suffice to make the trick, there may be other places where the code would need small updates.

What do you think?

BR,
    -Patrick

Super User
    Thank you very much for that excellent idea. Actually I've been thinking of removing that Parse Scope function altogether, since it doesn't really have that much value. I added that when I first started with this project with the idea that when making a snippet, all sections are available. But if making a channel preset (.chn), only the Input section should be available (eg. you can't add effects commands to a channel preset). But in retrospect, I think we are well aware of that.

You are correct that if each section could be selected or unselected, it would make the parsing engine more efficient (quicker). Unfortunately checkboxgroups do not have a checked property. To grey a checkboxgroup, you simply make the enabled property as false. So what I've done is to replace the title of each checkboxgroup with a checkbox and made it enable/disable each group. Then when it begins to parse, it will simply parse those sections that the checkboxes are checked. Brilliant idea, thanks.

This is the type of feedback I need. So if you (or anyone) sees something that could be corrected or improved I would love to hear about it. By the way I finally found the memo clear bug when the find/replace function was used. And this time it is gone for good. Also the Replace Range functionality is partially done.

Paul

Super User
    I just uploaded a new release (0370) with the bug (editor clearing) fixed as well as an implementation of Patrick's suggestion.

The Find and Replace still don't work well and I'm still working on the Replace Range feature.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/x32s...?source=navbar

Let me know what you think.

Paul

Works fine! and your approach in using checkboxes above the different sections works fine for me.

Thanks!!

-Patrick

Super User
    Thanks Patrick

I just uploaded the linux app (32 bit and 64 bit - thanks to Friedrich) to sourceforge.net.

Paul

Super User
    Just uploaded an upgrade with a small bugfix. I discovered that the Routing, Out 1-16 was only parsing out the first 8 outputs, plus the first line of the 9th output (simply because I only counted 16 lines total for that section - should be 32).

I'm working on the find, replace and range replace functionality, as well as changing the editor component to the SynEdit Memo (a lot more functionality).

Paul

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123