You are here: Home » Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scene Parser - a New Snippet Tool

@ Paul - It also needs a decent icon (Glenn, hint hint

I like your icon. I would suggest a slight change however.

I would turn the scissors 90 deg clockwise and lower it a bit to form a better X in front of the 32.

Thanks for the advice Glenn (still think you could do a better job). I turned the scissors 90 deg clockwise, but it doesn't want to fit (see SceneParser File X32-2a.png). So I turned it the other way and I think it is better (SceneParser File X32-2.png). Thoughts?

Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that I've posted a Scene Parser update (0.35.0) late yesterday.

A couple of bugs were found, one causing the app to crash. These have been fixed and are documented in the Revisions.txt file.

The Parsing screen has been modified with added features. One of these is the ability to choose whether the input file is to be parsed or inputted to the editor. The latter will make it handy in adding non scene files to the editor. If a library of snippet, channel, Fx and routing files have been created, they can now be used in combination to create a snippet file. This came as a results of the discussion with Nick in having to add multiple snippets to the cue list in order to accomplish one overall set of changes.

The other news is that Brian and Friedrich are in the process of porting the Scene Parser to linux. In theory, it can also be ported to Mac OS, android, etc. if anyone has experience and desire to do so. The Windows source code will always be posted at the same time as the app.

Let me know what you think.

Paul

Better with an "X"

-Patrick
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice. Thanks Patrick

Paul

Hey Paul,

I downloaded the file from SF but dont know how to run. Would you please give me a hint - will I need some extra software to get it running? I am on OSX with Parallels running WIndows XP.

Thx, Henry
    X32, MacBookPro 17 i7 Quad 2.2, Presonus Studio One Pro

Hey Henry,

I'd be more than happy to get you started. I'm in the process of developing a help file for the app as well. There is nothing more you need to run it in Windows. But I'm not familiar with that setup (OSX with Parallels, etc). Friedrich has compiled it for linux and he reports it runs fine in Ubuntu. I tried it in Fedora and there are a few glitches which we are now trying to figure out.

If you have the Scene Parser up and running, the File to Parse should have an editbox and a small button to the right (the button is missing in Fedora, even though clicking at that spot does work). If you click on that button (with a folder icon), it will allow you to find the scene file you want to parse. Optionally, you can change the file type to channel (.chn), effects (.efx) or routing (.rou) and bring in those files.

Below are the various sections of the scene file. Simply choose what you want to parse (or extract), then click on the Parse button to the right. It will then change to the second screen (Results tab) where you will see the resulting OSC commands in the editor. You can then delete or change lines or parameters to suit your needs. For instance if you wanted to change just the user assigned A buttons, you could delete the other lines pertaining to the B and C buttons and encoders, as well as the A encoder.

Once you have the commands the way you want, the Output File should have an editbox and a small button to the right (again this button is not visible in Fedora, but clicking at the spot works). Click on that button to choose the name and location of the snippet file. Then you can change the title of the snippet (this will show up when you import into the snippet section of the X32). Finally click on the Output button to save. Optionally, you can save channel, effects or routing files, just by changing the output file type.

Another feature is when you have the input and output file locations, etc. you can make that the default by choosing the File, Save Default.

Hope that gets you started. Let me know if there are any problems with running it in that scenario and any suggestions you would have. I'm all ears.

Paul

Oh, a couple of added options. If you have parsed out the initial section and you want to add another section, simply go back to the first screen (Parse tab), select the sections (or select a different file). Just before you click on the Parse button, you have the 2 options above Clear Results and Parse File. If you want to add to what you already have, uncheck the Clear Results. If you inputted a snippet file (or channel, effects, or routing) and you don't want to parse it, just input it in its entirety, uncheck the Parse File and it will change the button to Input.

Paul

Hi everyone,

I've just uploaded a newer version of the Scene Parser (0.36.0) for the Windows platform. The main addition is the cut/copy/paste and find/replace functionality of the editor. See the Revisions.txt for all changes.

Also, thanks to Friedrich Altheide, there is a download (0.35.0) for linux. This includes just the files (32 and 64 bit) that have been verified to work in Ubuntu and Fedora. Simply extract and change the properties to executable. Hopefully soon there will be the 0.36.0 available as well as DEB and RPM packages.

The source code is also available.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/x32s...?source=navbar

Paul

Got a report of a bug. The Find and Replace functions has a nasty habit of clearing the editor. Fix isn't straightforward yet. But I'll keep working on it til a solution is found.

Paul

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast