You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: Help with monitoring PC and CUbase

Help with monitoring PC and CUbase

Hi guys,

Mixing help 101 needed..

Sorry to say that I am a real noobe to digital mixing. I have the X32 producer and I haven't got much experience. I am a guitarist and I want to have a setup where I can have 4 inputs to cu-base on the PC.

I have Xedit setup and its seems to work fine.

At the moment I can't hear or see any output on the x32. I also have a sound card and when I use device in windows to change to I can hear the sounds.

All I want is 2 or 3 channels like below..

Channel 1 in cubase to be SLR in 1\2 - Sterio in
    Channel 2 incubase Aux 1\2 Sterio in

I'm sorry that I dont even know how to ask the right questions LOL. I would reall really appreciate any help with this.

Paul..

I'm not sure I understand your problem. You have set up the X32 to route the sound to "card", you see sound on the "in/out" METERS including those outputs you're sending to "card", you hear that sound on your PC in some sort of control panel, but not in CuBase.

If I understood that correctly (please advicse if I didn't), your problem is with Cubase, where you need to set up the input device and then map/route inputs to your tracks. Which operating system are you using on your PC, and which version of CuBase? Have you tried the CuBase forums?

Great stuff Michael

Its all going through the system but I’m getting no output through speakers. Sceatch that I cna now hear all levels from cubase but I cant seem to rout SLR and Phono\Aux through the system.

How do I deal with inputs?

Below earler statment doesent make scence, sorry about that. I was tryto say that there is audio comming from the PC but cant route it to X32.. I had the monitor on the wrong setting.. all fixed.. I have output now.

"At the moment I can't hear or see any output on the x32. I also have a sound card and when I use device in windows to change to I can hear the sounds. "

OK.... All goood now,,,Figured it out and will post soon when I get my notes together. Sort of DAW 101.

Just on more issue..Latency on inputs...How do I do dirrect monitoring from the inputs.

Cheers..