You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: X1622usb how to allocate audio into mixer channels

Lightbulb X1622usb how to allocate audio into mixer channels

Hi,

I've tried searching for this topic but have not been able to find anything similar to my question.

It's the first mixer I've had in such a long time so I really do appreciate anybody's help with this.

I use my new mixer for radio work and I've tried to give as much information as possible.

Equipment
    X1622usb mixer
    Macbook Pro (2011)
    Adobe Audition (recording/editing)
    Behringer B-1 microphone

I can send audio from mixer to macbook audition to record - simple.

Sending audio from macbook to mixer (using Itunes or radio dj software) - can't figure it out!!

Pressing the red 2-TR/USB sends the audio straight to the main mix is no use - i need to be able to send audio via a channel.

Issues

1: see pic - I'm trying to allocate the audio which is coming from the radio playout system (carts) into different channels (7 & 8) - however, this is not working - is this even possible?

2: I'm trying to take audio that is going into the 2-TR and using the 2-TR OUTPUT (L & R) - patch into a different channel (using twin phono to jack leads) - this is also not working.

I know that the audio is reaching the mixer - because I can hear it when i select 2-TR/USB to Main - however, that sends the audio straight to main mix - when I need it to go into one of the channels so I can control the level against a microphone level.

Really appreciate any help with this.

Many thanks,

Jason
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super User
    Hi Jason,

Welcome to the forum. I had a look at that model and it looks as though the USB in can only go directly to the main L/R and the headphones. The only other alternative is to connect the speaker out of the Mac to one of the stereo line ins. But that is probably not what you want to do.

I also checked and the UFX1204 does have the feature that you are needing.
    http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UFX1204.aspx

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately - I just got this x1622 so won't be looking to change anytime soon.

I tried taking the audio from the 2-TR OUTPUT using twin phono to jack leads and plugging into one of the channels thinking that the output from the 2-TR OUTPUT would contain the audio - but that doesn't seem to work either?

http://radiochatter.files.wordpress....8359002801.jpg
    Last edited by Jason McCrossan; 04-24-2014 at 09:07 AM. Reason: adding picture

Super User
    At first I thought, that should work. Then I realized that the 2-TR output is tied to the Main L/R (post fader). So you would have to push the 2-TR/USB to Main button down to get the signal to the 2-TR output. But that would defeat the purpose of gaining volume control. As I mentioned, the only other alternative is to connect the line or speaker output of the soundcard in the Mac to one of the stereo inputs of the X1622.

Paul

Paul,

Thanks for the answers - been really helpful.

J