You are here: Home » Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going from analog to digital

Things are going well. One problem was that the digital output to our Masterlink 9600 recorder was too low of a level. I couldn't find anyway to boost that signal. So I sent the L-R out thru Analog 5&6 but it was too low as well. Now I have selected the pastors Mic to go out Mix Bus 7&8 to get enough level. Maybe I need to use a matrix...I'd like to have boards L-R to be recorded.

Dear Bob,

I definitely recommend using Matrix 1 & 2 for this situation. This can give you independent level control (Main LR Pre Fader) feeding your Masterlink. Just bus your Main LR to Matrices 1 & 2, link them together (to preserve the stereo image) and route Matrix 1 & 2 to AES/EBU L+R Outs (Routing --> Aux Outs). I heavily condensed the procedures- let me know if you would like proper instructions.

Kind regards,
    Kind regards,

Chase McKnight
    Jr. Admin, Care
    MUSIC Group

Yeah Chase I'll need a few more steps if you don't mind. Are Matrix 1&2 already showing L-R out? Thanks for your patience.

Dear Bob,

Not a problem! First, press the SELECT button above the L/R MAIN fader. Next, press the VIEW button within the Bus Sends section. Turn up the first two encoders in the Bus Sends section, effectively busing the L/R signal to Matrix 1 & 2. Press the Layer DOWN button and make Matrix 1 & 2 Pre Fader.

Next, Link the Matrices. Press the SELECT button on Matrix 1, then press the HOME button. Press the first encoder in to Link. Page Right to confirm.

To route the Matrix signal to the AES/EBU Output, press the ROUTING button and tab over to AUX Out. On the left column, select AES/EBU L and have the Output Signal be Matrix 1. Now, select AES/EBU R and have the Output Signal be Matrix 2. Keep the Tap to Post Fader, your Matrix 1 & 2 faders will now control the volume feeding your Masterlink and be independent of the MAIN L/R fader.

Kind regards,
    Kind regards,

Chase McKnight
    Jr. Admin, Care
    MUSIC Group

Thanks Chase. That makes perfect sense. We love our X32.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12