You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: X32 USB Audio device not being recognized on Windows 7 64 bit????

So just a fast update. It was the x-usb card that was the problem. I talked to tech support in Vegas last week and went through the trouble shooting process, and btw it's all the same that all of us here had already done or suggested. So they sent me a new card and I installed it about 15 min ago and was able to load the new driver and firmware.

I have say outstanding customer support on this one for the music group and Behringer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Graham View Post
    I have say outstanding customer support on this one for the music group and Behringer.
    And the forum???
    Glad to hear you finally got it resolved, Chris.

Paul

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Vannatto View Post
    And the forum???
    Glad to hear you finally got it resolved, Chris.

Paul
    Well of course the forum as well That's why I also mentioned that what Behringer tech asked me, was all the same stuff that had been talked about in this thread by various forum members. Pretty cool that our collective process was the exact same as their tech department. Not that is really a shock there are some pretty smart people on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick-Gilles Maillot View Post
    Chris,

It might help trying different USB cables. I had issues with a long (5m) USB cable I tried to use between my X32 (X-USB) and my computer. I couldn't see/install the driver 'cause the X-USB card wasn't seen by the PC. I then tried a shorter (and probably better quality too) USB cable and all worked fine.

I later tried a 5m USB extension attached to my (good) cable. The USB extension must be good too because everything works fine (card recognized, recordings OK etc.).

So a good cable is the key. Some USB cable may not be rated for USB 2.0 standard.

Hope this helps,
    -Patrick
    Hello,

To complete with my experience, I've tested driver installation, x-usb firmware update, and USB plug detection with 5 different USB cables.
    My x-usb card seems to work fine, I can play and record multi track with no dropouts or any problems.. In case of "not working", it's the same as explained in this thread : x-usb card not recognized by win 7 64bits (with driver installed or not) and consequently impossible to install the windows driver. This issue is true with both v8 and v10 x-usb firmware.

1. 1m poor quality USB cable : OK
    2. 1.5m good quality shielded USB 2 cable : OK
    3. 4m good quality shielded USB 2 cable : OK
    4. 2.5m good quality shielded USB 2 cable with ferrite : NOT WORKING
    5. 4m good quality shielded USB 2 cable with ferrite : NOT WORKING

So my conclusion is : x-usb card does not like usb cables with ferrite..

See you

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345