You are here: Home » Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recording to a Thumb Drive

Recording to a Thumb Drive

First off this has been working perfectly until now.... since the last firmware update our thumb drive will only record for about 5 minutes and then just turns off...I know that it has a file limit of 2 gigs, but I doubt that that is occurring in five minutes. Again when we first got this board up and running this feature was working perfectly. We were able to record whole sermons, and worship sessions...

Any ideas?

Hi
    Please make sure the stick you are using is formatted for FAT32. This can be done from the desktop of most computers.
    FAT32 has a 2GB file size limit which should yield approximately 3 hours per file.

WIth firmware 1.09 many USB recording issues were corrected. Make sure to test any stick you will use for recording before a critical gig or recording. Some USB sticks do not buffer properly and are not suited for recording. Unfortuenly the only way to test if a stick is suitable for recording is to try it first.

Hope it helps!

Best
    Joe Sanborn
    Manager, Channel Marketing
    MUSIC Group
    BEHRINGER

Having same issue here. Am using high quality thumbdrive (Corsair). Records for a few minutes then shuts off and effectively locks up in functionality. You can't really do anything in that screen (the cassette tape) - none of the buttons work any longer. Have only had the X32 for 2 gigs so far but this issue presented both times I tried it. Have tried 2 different thumb drives to no avail. If you have a list of known, working USB drives, would like to see it posted maybe as "sticky"

Thanks.

eroplanb
    Its my first post on this forum. Mixer X32 is awesome! It gives more than anyone could expect to get for this money. I do have one suggestion, however. I would really like to have some kind of indication on USB controller for length of the recording, when does it end and similar information, delete function would also be appreciated, as it is now, you can only delete recordings via PC. If not in 1.10 version, maybe you could look into this subject in later patches.
    Once again, congratulations to the winning combination called X32!

I just got a couple SanDisk drives (the Cruzer Fit that don't stand up high) and tested one last night. It is a 8 gig drive, and seemed to work just fine. I will be doing a show this weekend with my X32 and will attempt to record the entire show on one. This will be my first attempt at recording a show on the board's USB recorder, so I'm hoping everything goes ok. To avoid the 2gig recording limit, I'll just try recording each set separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Sanborn View Post
    Hi
    Please make sure the stick you are using is formatted for FAT32. This can be done from the desktop of most computers.
    FAT32 has a 2GB file size limit which should yield approximately 3 hours per file.

WIth firmware 1.09 many USB recording issues were corrected. Make sure to test any stick you will use for recording before a critical gig or recording. Some USB sticks do not buffer properly and are not suited for recording. Unfortuenly the only way to test if a stick is suitable for recording is to try it first.

Hope it helps!

Best
    Joe Sanborn
    Manager, Channel Marketing
    MUSIC Group
    BEHRINGER
    Currently I am using a scan disk and a sony (various sizes) and I am getting the same results... any suggestions?

Ok ours is working again.... I think I got it figured out. Even though thumb dives are visible to mac and pc and you dont necessarily need to format the thumb drive to either platform to transfer a file or save a file. I believe using the mac to save files "taints" the thumb drive. So if you are using a mac to save your files; it may have an affect on your ability to record or not record to the USB / Bus output. I hope this made sense.

humhead
    I want to know what genius thought putting the USB port at the top center of the desk so it sticks up in harms way was a good idea.

Be interesting to know how many desks have already been sent in for repair due to someone reaching over the desk and snapping off the stick.

Don't get me wrong, I love the X32, brilliant design for the most part, but seriously, a USB stick in the top center of the desk?

Also, lets get a scene recall plays back linked file function as well.

Quote Originally Posted by humhead View Post
    I want to know what genius thought putting the USB port at the top center of the desk so it sticks up in harms way was a good idea.

Be interesting to know how many desks have already been sent in for repair due to someone reaching over the desk and snapping off the stick.

Don't get me wrong, I love the X32, brilliant design for the most part, but seriously, a USB stick in the top center of the desk?

Also, lets get a scene recall plays back linked file function as well.
    I bought three of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820239003

Low profile, stainless steel, inexpensive, and work perfectly with the X32 for recording and firmware updates.

These work great

Quote Originally Posted by Famepot View Post
    I bought three of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820239003

Low profile, stainless steel, inexpensive, and work perfectly with the X32 for recording and firmware updates.
    I too use these, i was using them before the x32, the hole in the end fits on the small locking carabeiner i use for my keys and they have never been damaged like most of the plastic ones ive used in the past.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast